PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Gift Lists

BethS
09-15-2008, 03:59 PM
Has anyone started thinking about what to get their DCs? I have two birthdays and Christmas in a 6 week window and the only idea I really have is a bike for DS.

Last year I was basically done shopping by October and it was a great feeling that I'd love to repeat.

Let's see some ideas.

ETA: DS1 will be 5, DD is 3 1/2 and DS2 will be 2.

fivi2
09-15-2008, 04:05 PM
Oh man, this stresses me out :) I have started thinking and right now my list is a mile long - I need to cut it down. My twins turn 3 right before xmas. We need to replace the cheapo play kitchen I bought last year. I was also thinking of scooters (the skateboard with handlebar things). ummm...

Duplos
Thomas train stuff
dress up stuff
board games
doll strollers and highchairs (my mom has already bought them some more dolls!)
easel
tea set
magnatiles

and a zillion other things are on my maybe list!

How old are your dc?

new_mommy25
09-16-2008, 02:36 AM
My DS is 5. I am thinking Playmobil and Lego. He already has a bike and scooter, both of which I think are great gifts. :)

My DD is 2 1/2. I bought her the Le Toy Van fairy train through a coop but I'm having second thoughts. I might sell it and use the money to buy Calico Critters, which I think she would like more.
http://www.kiddietoys.com/le-toy-van-fairy-train-set-p-5923.html?src=base&language=en
I love the Sam's Club house but not the price. http://tinyurl.com/6f2cug

niccig
09-16-2008, 12:20 PM
DS is 4 on Christmas Day, so we've got 2 celebrations. He's doing well on the balance bike, so we're talking about getting him a bike with pedals. I was thinking of a leapster, maybe the pack at Costco. Some more lego. That's about it. I really don't want go overboard this year, as he gets so many things from family. But I say that EVERY year.

mytwoboys
09-16-2008, 12:44 PM
I've been shopping for awhile already - thanks to ideas on this board! :)

So far I have for DS#1 (4.5 years old)
Cotton Candy & Popcorn play food from PBK
Microphone toy from IPlay
Zoob
Several books (I Spy, Insects DK book, etc)
Crayons and colored pencils
I still need to get:
Magnatiles (I think that I'm going to have the grandparents get that)
A few board games (will be bought by his aunts)
Some lego sets
Membership to county zoo

For DS#2 (2.5 years old) I have:
Play phone
Remote controlled car
Cookies & Popcorn pretend food from PBK
Several books (all car related)
I still need to get:
Mini-Automoblox
Kitty Keyboard (I think one of his aunts can get this)
Play Dough Craft Caddy (another gift from an aunt)

I'm also going to get a large wooden garage as a joint gift for them. I'm sure that as time goes on I'll add to this list.

Tondi G
09-16-2008, 12:58 PM
I was JUST thinking about this and that I would like to start shopping sooner than later!

My older DS has discovered the Wishlist on Amazon and asks frequently to go on and look at his wishlist.... when I get back to it I find he has added a dozen more pokemon cards and books and dvds and random toys he has seen on tv. I go through and weed out the stuff that has bad reviews!

I am thinking we will get our 7 year old

Magnatiles
Lego books
remote control car
a Dr Who toy that he is dying for
a DS video game
a Wii video game
a DVD or 2
an Umbrella
a piece of luggage... rolling bag, the last time we went away we realized his clothes are growing and he needs a bag of his own.

for my 3 year old

a 2 wheel bike
Magnatiles
a remote control car
books
a DVD
an Umbrella
a rolling bag for him too cause he would be furious if he didn't get his own too!

For their stocking they will each get a cool hotwheels type car, a new spin toothbrush, some balsa wood planes, my older DS will get some Pokemon cards and I am still working on other stuff!

nicknack
09-17-2008, 06:59 PM
I've just recently started thinking about this too! I love to shop ahead so I don't have to deal with ANY stores anytime near xmas, but I know their likes seem to change on a whim, so I can't shop that far ahead.

DS will be 5 in November. I'm thinking a Playmobil set and some Lego sets (he desperately wants some Batman and Indiana Jones sets). Maybe a skateboard, although then he'd only be able to use it inside all winter so not sure about that! Oh, I also got him some Rokenbok on sale a while back, so he'll get that whether he likes it or not! And some other small things, but we have TONS of family so I don't want to go crazy.

DD will be 2.75 at xmas, I have no clue for her right now! Having an older brother, she LOVES Playmobil, so definitely some of that (oh how I look forward to them fighting over the sets on xmas morning!). Maybe some Snap n Style dolls/accessories. I have the old school-like FP cash register downstairs for her. Maybe some dress-up?

Love seeing other ideas!

jgenie
09-17-2008, 08:44 PM
My DS will be 1 in January. So far I have the following:

Melissa & Doug
caterpillar – STOCKING
bee high chair toy - CHRISTMAS
Chomp & Clack Alligator Push Toy - BDAY
First Vehicles set - STOCKING
First Shapes Jumbo Knob - CHRISTMAS
Farm Fuzzy Puzzle - CHRISTMAS

and numerous books to be split between birthday and xmas.

I'm planning to add the following:
Radio Flyer walker or Radio Flyer wagon
toothbrush for stocking
bath toys

and probably more books since I have a weakness for kids books.

fivi2
09-17-2008, 09:17 PM
DD will be 2.75 at xmas, I have no clue for her right now! Having an older brother, she LOVES Playmobil, so definitely some of that (oh how I look forward to them fighting over the sets on xmas morning!). Maybe some Snap n Style dolls/accessories. I have the old school-like FP cash register downstairs for her. Maybe some dress-up?

Love seeing other ideas!

My girls are 2.75 right now and I just got them some snap and style dolls. they are a huge hit. Their stockings will definitly include some accessories. They are also into the Melissa and Doug magnetic dress up dolls. Kind of like paper dolls but magnetic (and wood). They have a bunch on amazon. I recommend those too!

nicknack
09-17-2008, 11:06 PM
My girls are 2.75 right now and I just got them some snap and style dolls. they are a huge hit. Their stockings will definitly include some accessories. They are also into the Melissa and Doug magnetic dress up dolls. Kind of like paper dolls but magnetic (and wood). They have a bunch on amazon. I recommend those too!

Thanks! We actually have a few of the Snap n Style babies and one doll and she is into them, so hopefully she'll be happy with more. And we have that dress up doll too, she loves that! Any other suggestions?!

annasmom
09-18-2008, 08:06 AM
ETA: DS1 will be 5, DD is 3 1/2 and DS2 will be 2.[/QUOTE]

Are kids are almost the same ages!! I have a dd who just turned 5, my ds#1 will turn 4 2 days after Christmas, and my ds#2 turns 2 next week.

I haven't started a list yet because I have to get through one more birthday. But I really have to start soon because I am having a baby the second week of December, and have my son's birthday right after Christmas. I want to be DONE with holiday shopping early this year!!

BethS
09-19-2008, 10:42 PM
Thanks for the great ideas. I don't feel quite so overwhelmed. :)

brittone2
09-20-2008, 09:27 AM
I'm mostly done for my kids. DD's bday is a few weeks before Christmas, and DS's is a few weeks after.

DS (will be just shy of 5 at Christmas)
-Playmobil castle/knights
-2 Greathall CDs in that theme (King Arthur and Robin Hood)
-2 books on knights
-Calico Critters playground and some animals
-maybe a used digital camera (under $50). If not, this will be his bday present.
-my parents are giving him a Playmobil camper
-stocking stuff: balsa wood airplane (family tradition), playdoh/art stuff, some accessories for his RideMakerz car that he just did on vacation...like build-a-bear but w/ vehicles. He has requested "mints w/ a sliding door" LOL. Books.

DD (will have just turned 2)
-Doll cradle
-Doll high chair
-doll stroller
-doll diapers (from Etsy) and or doll sling
-Calico Critters
-dressup stuff
(she'll probably get a new doll for her bday just before Christmas)

stocking-playfood? small trucks/cars, art stuff, doll sling, books