PDA

View Full Version : anyone go to gymboree play & music?

tazzy
09-15-2008, 04:18 PM
I'm going to take my 9-month-old son to his first Gymboree Play & Music class. He turns 10 months old in five days. I think he'll really like it from what I've heard but I see that there's one class, the play & learn 2, that is from 6-9 months. and the next, play & learn 3, is from 10-16 months.

Should I take him to the 6-9 month class or the 10-16 month class? We were supposed to go today to the 6-9 month class but we had a power outage due to hurricane ike remnants so they postponed it until next week. By then he will be 10 months old.

Which one will he like better? He's not walking yet. He cruises on furniture but that's it.

Thanks!

mom2binsd
09-15-2008, 04:44 PM
We took our DD to Gymbo classes...she and we loved them...but she was slightly older...I'd say call the center and see what they suggest...they know the classes best and can guide you...our DD was a late walker and so I remember we went with a class slightly below her age because of that.

jerigirl
09-15-2008, 04:57 PM
When you sign up for/attend your free trial class they will be able to help you decide. It could depend on the make up of the current students in the specific day/time that you choose. The teachers will help you decide what class would be best for your DS. The age ranges are usually just guidelines not hard rules (at our Gymboree at least). GL! We did the Gymboree play class with DS from 12 weeks until 18 months and then the Art class from 18 months until 26 months (just a few weeks ago). The only reason we stopped was DS just started MDO and will be doing art there. We have had a wonderful experience with Gymboree!

LBW
09-15-2008, 05:51 PM
Call the center. You don't want a 6-9 month-old class that is mostly 6-month olds. But, if it's mostly 9-month olds, it would be okay.

In general, I think babies like to watch older children. So, I would choose a class with older babies over a class with younger babies.