PDA

View Full Version : DD's feet reek! What can we do?

elektra
09-15-2008, 06:34 PM
Hi-
This has sort of been an issue all summer, but the only time I think to ask about it is when I am putting DD's pajamas on and I am no where near the computer. ;)
So ya, right after her bath, after I have scrubbed her feet with the baby soap and water, they still stink. She wears sandals usually, and I guess she just has sweaty feet or something. They just seem abnormally stinky for such a little an otherwise beautifully smelling baby. (Or maybe not?)
Is there some kind of vinegar soak or something I could do? I think I saw Dr. Oz prescribe that for a teenage girl on Oprah once.

trales
09-15-2008, 06:41 PM
You could do an exp. to see if the shoes are the problem. Do the shoes smell? Wash her really well, and don't use those shoes for a few days, use something with socks, see if there is an improvement. Wash her shoes, leave them in the sun, maybe a few drops of bleach and then sun to kill any odor causing bacteria in the shoes. Maybe a little talc or cornstarch in the shoes before she puts them on after they have been sanitized.

cono0507
09-15-2008, 06:42 PM
When my DS had this problem, his sandals were the problem. He wears Keen sandals all summer. Last summer it happened and again by the end of this summer he started getting stinky feet again. I washed the sandals pretty thoroughly and then I started to alternate days wearing sandals with days wearing sneakers and socks and they stopped stinking.

luvmypeanut
09-15-2008, 06:50 PM
DD has this problem but it's when she wears closed-toe shoes without socks, like her maryjane nikes or her sparkly ballet flats. She must have sweaty feet. We basically just rotate shoes a lot. Luckily school has started and she's required to wear the school socks with black mary janes.

tylersmama
09-15-2008, 08:32 PM
Sandals are the main problem here, too. We still have sweaty feet wearing socks and tennis shoes, but they don't stink like they do when he's wearing his sandals. DS took his sandals off in the carseat one day and I knew instantly from the aroma! :eek:

Jen841
09-16-2008, 09:28 PM
They saved us! Crocs and cotton socks. #2 has stinky feet.