PDA

View Full Version : BJ City Elite Double vs MBUD

jacobsmommy
09-16-2008, 01:19 PM
I have 9 week old twin boys and I am looking into buying a double all-terrain stroller. I am considering both the BJ City Elite Double and the MBUD. Does anybody have any thoughts on the pros and cons of both strollers? I was looking at the BJ City Classic as well, but I think I read somewhere that it does not have a full recline for infants. Is that correct? Do you think I could use either of these strollers as an all-pupose stroller, or would I need to buy another stroller for places like the mall, etc?

Thank you.

Stephanie

WatchingThemGrow
09-16-2008, 01:58 PM
Not a multiples mom here (yet, at least- DH wishes!) but I can answer some of your BJ questions. We have a BJCED as our only double. LOVE it. The canopies offer more coverage than the MB and they are individual canopies vs one big one for both DC. There are extendable leg rests on the BJ, which my 10 mo. old uses. You can also reach into the basket through the leg flaps, which is very handy for snacks, toys, drinks, wipes, etc. There are pockets galore on the Elite. No need for additional accessories. My friend with a MB gave up trying to load it in/out of her car and got another lightweight double. The BJ is heavy also, but I (am weak) lift it in/out of the car often. I don't actually go to the mall or tight places often with my DC because of napping, expenses, the hassle, etc, so it isn't that big of deal that it only goes 1/2 way into Gymboree comfortably. So, you CAN get away with one big A/T stroller, but you may find it handy to have something like a Twin Triumph as a back up. I don't know anything about the Classic not reclining like the Elite does. I just assumed it did. Another idea..I sometimes wear one/stroller one, which may also work for when you want to go to the mall with both boys and a smaller stroller. Oh, and congrats!!!

Maybe moms of singletons aren't supposed to post here, but I hope it is okay I tried to answer some of your questions.

fivi2
09-16-2008, 02:04 PM
I have the Baby Jogger City Double - the Classic, I guess - it isn't the Elite.

The seats recline pretty far, but they don't recommend the stroller for kids under 6 months (I think. it's been a while since mine were that young). I thought that was once the rec for all joggers? Maybe they've changed. I don't know!

I don't know anything about the Elite, but I LOVE my BJCD. I was deciding between it, the MBUD, and the Valco. I have never regretted my decision (well, I did drool over the Valco once I saw it irl, but I am still happy with the BJ).

The main reason I went with the BJ is how easily it folds up. It is really easy - I think there is a video on the website. All of them handle really well. It is my only stroller. I use it indoors and out. (it is a little big in some stores). It fits easily in the back of my CR-V. I have nothing bad to say about it!

WatchingThemGrow
09-16-2008, 02:55 PM
I have the Baby Jogger City Double - the Classic, I guess - it isn't the Elite.

The seats recline pretty far, but they don't recommend the stroller for kids under 6 months (I think. it's been a while since mine were that young). I thought that was once the rec for all joggers? Maybe they've changed. I don't know!

The 2008 models are supposed to have a flatter recline, I believe. That's what I have, and it is good from birth whereas BOB recommends 8 weeks for theirs.

fivi2
09-16-2008, 03:21 PM
The 2008 models are supposed to have a flatter recline, I believe. That's what I have, and it is good from birth whereas BOB recommends 8 weeks for theirs.

Thanks - my memory is fuzzy! I didn't buy mine until the girls were at least 6 months - we used the snap and go until then (I loved that also).

gatorsmom
10-09-2008, 11:07 PM
I used the MBUd with my older 2 boys before I had twins. It was my all purpose stroller. I love everything about that stroller except the fold. It's very bulky.

But for the money, it is a very, very durable, comfortable, easy-to-care-for stroller. We took it EVERYWHERE. It has traveled across the country with us several times. And I can push it easily with one hand.

hth.

BeachBum
10-10-2008, 06:37 AM
I have the MBUD for my twins upcoming arrival. I had the single for my singleton and was very happy with it. I never seriously considered the BJ b/c I found a great deal on a used MBUS so I just grabbed it.

One thing that I really liked about it (and of course it is an expensive option) is the bassinet attachment. With my singleton I used that for many months instead of opting for putting them directly in the stroller. I could also use it like a freestanding bassinet downstairs at home. We did a lot of walking in the early days (and I hope to with the twins) and I just felt like they were so comfy and safe in there.

Other things I really liked are 1) huge basket that is easily accessible 2) adjustable handle bars 3) front wheel can lock for occasional jogging.

I do think the strollers are heavy, but they steer like a dream. The flat fold is bulky, but the double fits in my van no problem.