PDA

View Full Version : Amazon CS-WWYD, help?

veronica
09-16-2008, 01:23 PM
I finally found the perfect shoe for my friend's wedding, where I will be the MOH. I ordered them at amazon and crossed my fingers that they would fit. They arrived yesterday, I tried them on, they are perfect....except the fact that the sole is not glued the entire way around the shoe (this is an evening shoe so the part I am talking about is the shiny leather part your foot rests on in the inside of the shoe). As I took my foot out, part of it stuck to the bottom of my foot and that is where I noticed the defect, on both shoes.

I called amazon and they have no more in my size. They sent a prepaid label for me to ship them back for a refund. THE PROBLEM IS THAT NO ONE ELSE HAS THIS SHOE AT ALL-ENDLESS HAS IT FOR $250 AND NOT IN MY SIZE.....

They are still technically wearable but I paid $110 (on sale from $500) and have never in my life paid this much for a shoe. And, is is very color-specific and I spent 2 weeks just finding this color once.

Would you return and start over? I kind of just wish amazon would credit me back some sort of percentage and I would keep them. CS didn't seem too keen on that idea and just kept repeating for me to return them. I just know I am going to hate wearing them with the defect knowing what I paid......

jjordan
09-16-2008, 01:41 PM
I would either return and start over or keep the shoe. I am not surprised that Amazon won't credit you some of the difference - even though if you find a damaged item in a b&m store they will often sell it to you at a discount. The difference is, since this is online, they have only your word that the item actually is damaged.

What color are you going for? Could you do a black shoe if you had to or is there some reason you need that specific color?

Jill

nfowife
09-16-2008, 02:39 PM
Maybe get an estimate from a shoe repair place to have the shoe fixed, and decide if it's worth it for you to keep them?

Melbel
09-16-2008, 03:42 PM
You could also potentially try the 1/2 size above/below. You would be amazed what a shoe repair shop can fix too!

MamaMolly
09-16-2008, 04:44 PM
I'm dying to know what they look like! Post a link or photo and in addition to satisfying my curiosity maybe some of the Mamas here can help you search. What size do you need?

veronica
09-16-2008, 06:12 PM
Well-you asked......here is the link to the shoe.....

http://www.amazon.com/Isabella-Fiore-Womens-Hyacinth-Sandal/dp/B000WG6312/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=apparel&qid=1221602913&sr=8-1

Here is the link to a dress in the color but not the actual dress....

http://www.jimhjelmoccasions.com/dress_db_occ/display_dress.php?imageno=5653

the bride said to get black shoes, which would be easy...but it's me that wants to match (without going the dyed look). I just don't get out much these days for special occasions so I would have loved a shoe to match. I have found others that are a great color and would work but no size 9!

so-if you online shoppers can help a fellow BBBer, please do and search away....

s7714
09-16-2008, 06:19 PM
Maybe get an estimate from a shoe repair place to have the shoe fixed, and decide if it's worth it for you to keep them?

I agree. A shoe shop might only charge a few dollars if it's a quick fix.

Ceepa
09-16-2008, 06:20 PM
Return the shoes and buy silver ones. You'll have more occasions to wear them than the first pair. BTW, the color of that dress is amazing.

veronica
09-16-2008, 07:41 PM
I would love to do silver shoes, however, bride has requested no silver shoes (even though the style of dress I am wearing has a jeweled broach that would go great with silver). She said the decor of the reception will have a lot of gold so silver shoes are a no go.....

baileygirl
09-16-2008, 07:57 PM
Did the price of the shoes go down a little bit? Maybe you could get cs to do a price adjustment and that should more then cover the cost to get them fixed? I had a similar problem with a shoe (from wear) and it was $14 to get them reglued (both shoes).

Tondi G
09-16-2008, 09:13 PM
Did you ask them to credit the amount that it will cost you to have them fixed at a shoe repair shop? If you really can't live with paying for them to be repaired I would send them back and get a black shoe... you'd probably have more opportunity to wear a black shoe in the future!

dhano923
09-16-2008, 09:34 PM
I'd just take them to a shoe shop and get them fixed. I'd LOVE to find $400 shoes for $90! Definitely worth getting fixed -- you got a great deal on them.

gatorsmom
09-16-2008, 09:51 PM
I'd just take them to a shoe shop and get them fixed. I'd LOVE to find $400 shoes for $90! Definitely worth getting fixed -- you got a great deal on them.

I agree witht this. i'd be so excited that I found the perfect size shoe, in the perfect color, they are beautiful and you saved a bundle of money. I take my shoes to shoe repair places all the time and they do a beautiful job- many times they've made my shoes better than when I bought them! And the good news is that a repair like that wouldn't cost much.

Anyway, that little problem woudln't even be a blip on my screen. I'd get them repaired and be happy with the great luck of finding them in the first place!

kellij
09-16-2008, 11:49 PM
I agree witht this. i'd be so excited that I found the perfect size shoe, in the perfect color, they are beautiful and you saved a bundle of money. I take my shoes to shoe repair places all the time and they do a beautiful job- many times they've made my shoes better than when I bought them! And the good news is that a repair like that wouldn't cost much.

Anyway, that little problem woudln't even be a blip on my screen. I'd get them repaired and be happy with the great luck of finding them in the first place!

I agree! I have a tough time getting over stuff like this. My DH always points out to me that you have to factor in how much your time is worth. Like if it's going to cost you 14 to have them fixed, how much time is it going to take you to find another pair that you like equally well? In other words, if it takes you 3 hours to find another pair, you probably would have been better off paying the 14 and keeping your time.

veronica
09-17-2008, 10:51 AM
UPDATE:

After reading the replies, you guys made me happier to have found the deal on the shoe. I was still bummed the priced dropped a bit after I bought it....so I called CS again. I told them, the bride said we had to have this shoe. I even called the maker's company yesterday and they couldn't help either.... The rep today was great. She said if I had to keep it, they could offer a percentage discount. I said ok. AFter being on hold for a while, she came back and said 20% but she round up to $30 . Woo-hoo! I was so excited. So my price came down to $77. Now I can say, putting some crazy glue on the sole will be a let less annoying!

I just have to hope it matches the dress ok when I check it out this weekend. Even if it doesn't, I might be wearing them anyway. And I might also be wearing a lot of plum this fall and winter too!

My husband marvels at my relentlessless for calling CS more than once. I figure that a lot of times, it isn't so much a companies policies that can help/hurt you but the person who answers the phone!