PDA

View Full Version : How to find daycare last minute?

megs4413
09-16-2008, 03:43 PM
I also posted this on GR, sorry if it's a double for you. I'm very sick and need to find someone to take care of the kids for the rest of the week. What do I do?

geochick
09-16-2008, 03:46 PM
Sorry you're sick! Look in the yellow pages or online under Daycare or Child Care. Start calling. Good luck. Are you a member of a church? You could call someone in your church and see if they know of a sahm who could help out.

lovin2shop
09-16-2008, 03:47 PM
You could try a local nanny service, they often provide short term sitters. The only problem is that you may have to pay a "membership" fee. This would probably be too costly if you only intend to use them for a sitter this one time.

srhs
09-16-2008, 03:53 PM
Our hospital had info on "short term" childcare that was affiliated with them. Maybe call the Birth Ctr. at your hospital.

proudsahmof3
09-16-2008, 05:41 PM
Many cities/communities offer crisis child care for just such a situation. The one around here is through United Way and Child Care Resource and Referral. See if there is a similar agency in your yellow pages. They offer up to 72 hours round the clock care for emergencies, hospitalizations, or just stressed out parents (and it's free), they have to be registered/licensed child care providers or centers, so it's not just anybody off the street. Your local hospital would probably have information on how to get in touch with crisis care in your community. Good luck and hope you feel better!

wellyes
09-16-2008, 07:40 PM
You can search here for backup daycare facilities as well - these are places that have established policies for short-term arrangements.

http://www.brighthorizons.com/locator/index.aspx

Jen841
09-16-2008, 09:22 PM
... better yet have someone call for you. Our KinderCare I know is not at capacity and would help you. If you know a center or sitter someone likes/trusts call them. Always worth just asking.

ShanaMama
09-16-2008, 09:47 PM
It seems like you've gotten good suggestions. Just wanted to send you some :hug: and get better vibes.

Jo..
09-16-2008, 09:54 PM
Oh I'm so sorry!

If your DH could drive them here I'd be thrilled to take them!!!:love5: