PDA

View Full Version : Preschool books about eye patches?

s7714
09-16-2008, 07:04 PM
My 3 year old DD is going to be wearing an eye patch all day long for at least a month, which means she'll be wearing it to preschool. No one else in her class wears a patch or even glasses (which we'll be getting soon too), so I'm sure the kids are going to be curious. I was thinking about trying to find a simple book that her preschool teachers could read to the class about kids wearing eye patches. Has anyone seen something along those lines?

TIA!

MamaKath
09-16-2008, 09:48 PM
I have not, but will ask tomorrow at work.

What about making a book about her experience? You could get a small photo scrapbook, take photos about the different things involved (going to the eye doctor, getting the patch on, picking out glasses), and write simple straightforward text to go with it. If her school has a book binder, you could make on the computer and have the teacher bind it for you. It would be a great way to answer the kids questions, as well as remember in a positive way a major experience in her life.

HTH~ (and maybe happy writing?!?!)

Cam&Clay
09-16-2008, 09:58 PM
My son went through patching, too. Try these:

My Travelin' Eye by Jenny Sue Kostecki-Shaw

Blueberry Eyes by Monica Driscoll Beatty

The Patch by Justina Chen Headley and Mitch Vane

Susan
DS1 1998
DS2 12/07

s7714
09-16-2008, 11:55 PM
My son went through patching, too. Try these:

My Travelin' Eye by Jenny Sue Kostecki-Shaw

Blueberry Eyes by Monica Driscoll Beatty

The Patch by Justina Chen Headley and Mitch Vane

Susan
DS1 1998
DS2 12/07

I already had The Patch on my list to check out from the library tomorrow, but My Travelin' Eye sounds really good too. I might see my book store has it in stock. Thanks for the recommendations!