PDA

View Full Version : Rosacea?Mineral makeup?

shelikesmorningglories
09-17-2008, 07:46 AM
Hi.My rosacea is flaring up again:( Can anyone recommend a good skin regiment for me? Also, are all "mineral cosmetics" alike? I heard that helps with rosacea. TIA

Melaine
09-17-2008, 08:52 AM
My mom seems most pleased with Bare Essencials/Bare Minerals and she has rosacea as well. I also LOVE it to cover/help with my chronic acne. We both have very dry skin. My sister is a fan too....
I think the key with mineral makeup is to be sure you aren't getting any "fillers" like talc, etc. in your makeup. BE does seem expensive ($60 for the starter kit), but you'll be really suprised how long it can last. There are also some nice kits on the QVC website you can buy.
As far as skincare, my mother just uses very mild cleansers and moisturizers (like cetaphil), sorry I don't know that much about it. HTH!

LarsMal
09-17-2008, 11:22 AM
I use Everyday Minerals. www.everydayminerals.com

There are only four ingredients in it, which I like. You can order starter kits for pretty cheap ($3, I think) and you get to pick quite a few items.

I have had one derm tell me I don't have rosacea and another one said I probably have "underlying rosacea" that was triggered by the longterm use of a topical steroid for a rash I had developed on my cheek. It's been 10 months, and I'm still trying to get things under control! I treat my skin as if I have rosacea, but I don't seem to fit typical description. Either way, I find that mineral makeup does help.

I also use Cetaphil wash twice/day. I never wash my face in the shower- I do it in the sink before my shower, and using tepid water. Pat your face dry, never rub. I then use CeraVe lotion.

Check out this forum:

http://www.rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosacea_Forum/

Tons of general rosacea info as well as product reviews and other information for dealing with rosacea.

Good luck!

Jenny_A
09-17-2008, 01:08 PM
I have very red skin. I've never been diagnosed with rosacea but have always thought I might have it. I started using Bare Minerals about 6 months ago and can tell a big difference in my skin's health and the redness is much better. I've heard good things on this board about Everyday Minerals too and it is significantly cheaper. Bare Minerals does last a long time though!

Jenny