PDA

View Full Version : ds is breaking my heart

scoop22
09-17-2008, 08:27 AM
i don't know what to do..

ds1 has always gone to a babysitter 2-3 days a week since he was 3 mo. he stays home with dh when he is not working. he knows he has to go and has liked going. we have our mornings once we get there but nothing major. he did great going back after me being off for 5 mo. then we started preschool. he goes 2 days to preschool and 3 to the babysitters (with his brother).

now all he does is cry. he doesn't want to go to the babysitter he wants to go to school. he doesn't want to go to school he wants to go home. am i doing to much with him (not that we can stay home). is he transitioning. is he to tired?? i am so emotional. then i feel bad for ds2 who didn't even get his kiss this morning b/c i was trying to keep ds1 in the house..

any suggestions? any tips?? support?? i am clueless. i just want to go home and take a nap..

kedss
09-17-2008, 08:59 AM
it sounds like a lot of transitions for all of you, give him and yourself some time to adjust-
bug hugs, mama!

mommy111
09-17-2008, 01:54 PM
Does it have to do with DC2. My DD had some similar behaviors when DS came along, she just became a less happy child for a few months. Some extra attention and now that she is fond of her brother, its all better

scoop22
09-17-2008, 02:39 PM
i don't think it has to do with ds2..i could be wrong. he just doesn't want to go anywhere. ds2 goes to the babysitter with him. and he goes to school by himself. i'm hoping this PHASE passes fast..

lizajane
09-17-2008, 03:36 PM
he's just 3. dylan loooooooooves school (preschool 5 mornings/week) and he will still have days where he cries and says he wants to go home. he used to cry if he DID have to stay home. there is a lot going on right now and he is just working it all out. just give him as much positive attention as you can when you are together and remind him often that you will come back and he will go home later and you will spend time together then. hang in there.

also, what works for me:
recognize his feelings and then STOP talking about it. as in, "i understand that you want to go home. and after mommy is finished with her work, we will be at home together. i know you feel sad, but you will have fun things to do at school/with babysitter. now we are not going to talk about it anymore." if you let him go on and on, things will escalate. my 5 year old will try to negotiate for-EVER if i don't stop him.