PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy shopping cart covers?

ckso
09-17-2008, 11:46 AM
The selections at Babies R Us is very limited and costly. Didn't like the ones at Target either.

Does anyone have any recs for places that has a good selection of shopping cart covers? Online or in store?

scrooks
09-17-2008, 04:55 PM
I got mine at Walmart...it wasn't fancy and they didn't have a ton of selection but it was only $20-25 and works great.

kristal
09-17-2008, 07:36 PM
I got one at Costco few days ago. Its by Infantino. It was for $38 + tax, but it includes three things- the cart cover, a changing pad and a small diaper bag. I havent had a chance to open the box so don't know how plush it is.

There are also some on amazon for $30-35 from Infantino.

The designer ones (e.g. kozypal) are more expensive but have more fabric choices.

Maggie'sMom
09-17-2008, 10:10 PM
Ebay has a great selection. We have one from begermfree that I bought on ebay and we really like it. It stays on a lot better than the other ones we bought at local retail stores.

GraceH
09-18-2008, 03:02 AM
many stores (Walmart, Target, BRU, Meijer, etc.) have them... they seem to run $20-$30.
I know mine is a Clean Shopper (in whimsical), which is currently on sale for $18 (with extra cover for diner chairs) on their site...
I also might add that they have covers for twins that fit the large warehouse carts for ~$30

SnuggleBuggles
09-22-2008, 09:11 AM
Etsy has a ton of adorable, handmade covers in a variety of prices and styles. There are tons of good ones to choose from. These are my search results from "shoppin cart":
http://www.etsy.com/search_results.php?search_type=tag_title&search_query=shopping+cart

If you haven't been to Etsy, hang on to your wallet. :) It is a great site!

Beth

srhs
09-22-2008, 12:09 PM
I saw Infantino ones at TJMaxx recently, and I got mine at Marshalls this spring. I found a nice one with nice modern print, covers all 4 sides, toy hook, and big enough for high chairs; it was only $20-25.

cheaperthanmost
09-22-2008, 12:49 PM
I saw them yesterday at a tjmaxx

nupe
09-22-2008, 01:28 PM
I saw a cute one at costco.com that I would buy if I didn't already have one from sewcuteboutique (I read on this board that she may not be making them anymore--not sure). I think mine is more substantial (coverage wise) than for example infantino. Mine also has its own buckle to attach to the cart in the back, and across baby's chest in the front, which is important to me.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/ProductSet.aspx?Prodid=11230496&search=cart%20cover&Mo=0&cm_re=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&lang=en-US&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&Sp=S&N=5000043&whse=BC&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntk=Text_Search&Dr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ne=4000000&D=cart%20cover&Ntt=cart%20cover&No=0&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&topnav=&s=1

gujer
09-23-2008, 02:39 PM
I got mine from www.angelynrose.com and I absolutely love it. I researched the covers quite a bit before investing in one because I wanted to buy a good one that would last. It was $65 but totally worth it. It is padded, but not too bulky, fits all different carts (big and small) and all different high chairs. There are tons of designs, fabrics, and colors to choose from and it has pockets and comes with a little pillow. Someone gave me an infantino one as a gift and I didn't like it at all. It didn't cover all the sides and was very thin and flimsy.
Hope this helps.

ewan's mama
09-25-2008, 10:02 AM
This may sound crazy, but do you want to or have time to make one yourself? Here's my story (still in progess):

I signed up on freecycle. org for the local chapter in my area, and asked if someone had extra fabric to give away. This really nice lady sent me an email and let me have her old fabric for free. I used the one that the most fabric, and I went to a friend's house to borrow her sewing machine. Mind you, I have not sewn anything since grade school.

So I show her this very helpful guide (free) online to make my own:
http://www.sleepingbaby.net/jan/Baby/cart_cover.html

My expert sewing friend tells me the simple cover would be easiest for me to sew. So that's the template we used. I have sewn all around the edges (twice) and placed the elastic band through the pocket I sewed around the edges.

That's all I have done so far, since I didn't get to finish the project yet. I plan on making another trip to hang out with my friend and use her sewing machine and catch up over tea again.

You can also check this website out:
http://googoostuff.blogspot.com/2006/06/shopping-cart-cover.html

Very inspiring to try to make something on your own, if you like. It's a daring project for me, but you could enjoy it too! =)

p.s. I only spent about $3-4 for the elastic band (which was cut too long for me by the JoAnns helper/person and some bias tape). Awesome deal! And I got to spend time with a friend, yay!

vahnessuh
09-25-2008, 10:18 PM
i got mine at tj maxx... it's an infantino and costs about $25. we got the "nicer" one but they do have something for about $13 as well.

pastrygirl
09-26-2008, 08:26 AM
I haven't liked any of the ones I've seen in person. They aren't very padded and don't cover the whole cart.

I really like my Buggy Bagg (http://www.buggybaggs.com/). If I had to do it over again, I'd also look at the Kozy Pal (http://www.kozypalcartcovers.com/).

mdb78
10-03-2008, 11:05 PM
I also bought mine from www.angelynrose.com. I did alot of research and wanted to make sure I would get one that would last. I'm very happy with the one I bought! :)

QTMichele
10-10-2008, 11:36 PM
Not sure if you've gotten a shopping cart cover yet, but I'm a Buggy Bagg user and love it. The seat padding is plush (comfy for those little legs - no pinching!), there's a safety strap to keep baby fastened, a safety strap to keep the cover attached to the cart, it fold super easily (one handed), has storage pockets and "loops," a pillow is included, etc. These aren't "cheap" - it will cost you about $60 and up, depending on where you find one (e-bay can have some deals at times). Also, these can be used in smaller carts to wharehouse sized carts AND in restaurant high chairs! Every part of the cart/high chair is covered for peace of mind and comfort. Let me know if you have any questions.