PDA

View Full Version : Twin Birthday Party?

mytwoboys
09-17-2008, 12:40 PM
DS#1 just got invited to a birthday party for boy/girl twins. He's friendly with both of them (not really someone he seeks out to play with, but then again there are only 3 other boys in the class) and I'm bringing DS#2 as well (mom invited both of my boys). I'd like to get them each a gift or I could do a joint gift. The twins aren't into anything specific according to their mom. I'm also not sure how much I should spend on a gift for them.

fivi2
09-17-2008, 02:16 PM
I am not entirely sure what the question is, but as a mom of id girl twins, I'll take a stab at it!

I would MUCH prefer people give my girls their own gift (if they are planning on bringing a gift). Joint gifts are a huge PITA at my house. (my girls are 2.75) It might work for older kids, but I would try to get separate.

As far as amount - I certainly wouldn't have set expectations on what people should spend. I wouldn't be offended by any amount. So I am not really sure what to tell you there!

hth

blisstwins
09-17-2008, 06:43 PM
I also have twins and would prefer seperate gifts. My children are almost 4 and share well, but they are two people and should not have to share EVERYTHING. You can spend $10 each--a book or a puzzle for each would be great, IMO.

thomma
09-17-2008, 07:38 PM
Under age 4, ds and dd didn't mind or notice joint gifts. Once they hit 4 they cared...they each wanted their own gift.

I have g/b twins so they tend to get different gifts but some people stick with a "theme".

Kim
ds&dd 5/03