PDA

View Full Version : Spit Up Question

beansprout13
09-17-2008, 06:04 PM
DS2 will be 4 months old at the end of September. He has never been a spit up baby... maybe spit up 2x a month (basically never). However, in the last week, he has been spitting up almost every day or twice a day. I'm still burping him like I always had been. He doesn't mind the spit-up, so I don't think it is an issue, but is it strange for a baby who had never spit-up to start doing so at almost 4 months? Just curious.

deannanb
09-17-2008, 06:32 PM
doing the same thing here...
I think the digestive track is changing as he is growing.

as long as ds isn't crying with the spit up, then I wouldn't worry.

elephantmeg
09-17-2008, 08:07 PM
my feeling is that they eat more at a time and that puts pressure on the sphinctor. But that is my mommy gut not something I really know as a nurse :)

egoldber
09-17-2008, 08:43 PM
Are you breastfeeding or formula feeding? Have you changed your diet or his?

beansprout13
09-17-2008, 08:48 PM
Are you breastfeeding or formula feeding? Have you changed your diet or his?

Breastfeeding. No changes in diet.

KpbS
09-18-2008, 10:22 AM
I've heard that 4 mo. is often the most spitty time. My DC were (and are) big spitters and I noticed there definitely was an increase at 4 mo. I would talk to your ped about it if your DC also seems really uncomfortable or in pain. Also you could keep a food journal for a few weeks to see if there is any connection to a specific food/ingredient and the extra spit-up.

gordo
09-18-2008, 11:10 AM
My child is a huge spitter, but I have heard from multiple doctors that spitting up peaks at 4 months of age and then starts to get better, so it could just be developmental.

srhs
09-18-2008, 03:59 PM
beansprout--Sometimes, I think we are raising the same kid!!! :)
DS did the same thing two weeks ago--spit up a good bit after almost every feeding. I didn't know WHAT was going on.
It's much better now, and I didn't do anything different. (However, this week has brought a tooth and congestion and a fever...the fun just continues! ;) )