PDA

View Full Version : Teething, Cold Symptons and Plane Travel

bluestarfish18
09-18-2008, 05:48 PM
My soon to be 6 mo is suffereing through 2 teeth erupting, plus the top ones are one their way out. Poor little guy. He was pretty good at first, but now he's got those gross cold symptoms, like overactive drooling and really bad stuffy nose/runny nose.

We're moving to Alabama next week and will be flying with him. I know if I fly after/during cold symptoms, I simply want to die. I would hate for him to suffer for 9 hours!

Does anyone have any advice? I'll be with him alone on this flight and hope I can handle it!

firsttimemama
09-18-2008, 08:30 PM
Let him suck on something during takeoff/landing (breastfeed, bottle, pacifier)- it will help his ears

take tylenol (or some people prefer motrin for teething)
I like hylands teething tablets but they don't work for everyone
some of my friends have had luck with a homeopathic thing called camilia made by Boiron
We have a mesh feeder and put ice in it for DS to suck on - just be careful make sure no holes in the mesh and that it's tightly closed & supervise

basically whateve works for him at home when he's teething, try to take it on the plane! Good luck! I flew alone with DS (for his first plane flight) at 8 mo -was totally stressed.. it was hard but it went fine.

mdb78
09-22-2008, 11:52 PM
The 1st time we flew with dd she was 6 mos old and she had a cold. We sucked her nose while backing out of the gate. I started breastfeeding her right before we took off to make sure she was sucking and swallowing.

I noticed another couple with a baby waiting till we were in the air to start feeding the baby the bottle. By that time the baby was wailing and too upset to take anything.

I hope the cold symptoms go away before you leave. GL! :)