PDA

View Full Version : Chinese formula recall

Ceepa
09-18-2008, 08:07 PM
I know it was already posted earlier, but I am p!ssed all over about the contaminated Chinese formula. Thousands of babies have been sickened. These parents are terrified.

It was this photo accompanying the story (and it's not even one of the poor kids lying in ICU) that really set me off:

http://www.aolcdn.com/aolportal/ws-02-china-milk-200jc091808.jpg

caleymama
09-19-2008, 08:16 AM
Makes me crazy. I was just reading another article about it this morning. Over 6200 babies know to be sickened by it - that's almost as many *people* as in the town I grew up in. I just don't have the words to describe how I feel about the people that did this. My heart breaks on so many levels when I think about this - for the children and their pain, for the parents and their worry, for humanity in general - how could people be so stupid and cruel all in the name of money?

That picture is incredibly compelling.

DrSally
09-20-2008, 10:33 PM
These pictures make me so sad :( and angry, like you. It is just beyond words how anyone could cause so much pain to innocent children to make a few extra cents.

blisstwins
09-20-2008, 11:07 PM
IMO, this is part of why having the Olympics in China was so so wrong. This all came to light during the Olympics, but reporters were told not to publize ay negative stories during that time. So they started the recall saying it was for package redesign. At least 4 children are dead and many will have permanent kidney damage. We are Chinese-American and we would never buy food products from China.

Melanie
09-20-2008, 11:18 PM
It's disgusting. I don't know how those men can live with themselves.

kijip
09-21-2008, 01:12 AM
:32::32::32::32::32::32:

Pretty much sums it up for me. WTF sort of excuses for men would do this?

And a couple of years ago people wondered why not to get excited about cheap food imports, organic and otherwise, from China. Ugh.