PDA

View Full Version : What to get a 2 yo?

gmommy
09-18-2008, 08:49 PM
We have an 08 Dodge Grand Caravan with side air bags. Bucket seats, so kids sit close to a door.
I am so confused about these car seats and my large 2 yo son!

We have an 08 Dodge Caravan with side air bags. Bucket seats so kids sit next to the doors.

DS1 is 27 months, 34 lbs. DS2 has outgrown his infant carrier, so I'd like to move him into DS1's Britax Roundabout and get a new car seat for DS1 with a higher weight limit than the Roundabout.

Is the Nautilus a convertible seat or a HBB?

Is it a safe choice for a 2 yo, or is it meant for older kids? I know the box says it's for ages 1-10, but realistically, should I get a Marathon or something?

Thanx

Gigi

anphsmom
01-15-2009, 05:07 PM
I have 2 Nauti. and love them. It is a 5 pt. harness car seat, the can be changed to a booster later. That being said, I get all my car seat info. from car-seat.org The posters there are car seat techs. and can give you excellent advice for your child's height and weight and your budget. I highly recommend the site. Like I said, we love our Nautis. My 6 yr.old still fits in his with the 5pt. harness. I don't want him in a booster until I HAVE to, he's WAY safer in 5 pt. Hope that helps!:)

Melaine
01-15-2009, 05:08 PM
Another option is the Britax Regent. I've heard good things and it has high limits.