PDA

View Full Version : Can I use my ergo?

julymommy
09-19-2008, 10:30 AM
I'm trying to figure out if I can use my Ergo (without the infant insert). My son is 11 weeks, 13 pounds and 24 1/2 inches long. I've put him in the Ergo and he seems comfortable (and his neck seems to be supported ok), but then I noticed that it says "best for babies 15-35 pounds) and I think I remember reading something about them needing to be 4 months before going in the Ergo (but I can't seem to locate where I saw that). I'd love to know when you started the Ergo -- is it weight-based, height-based?

WatchingThemGrow
09-19-2008, 02:17 PM
I used it with the insert and found it to be very comfortable for both of us. After a while (I forget how long), I positioned him vertically, froggy style, and he hugged my front. It was so comfy.

Then, I went to the Bjorn Active when he wanted to be looking around more, then back to the Ergo, and now to an Ergo back carry.

I thought the insert was nice and helpful for the first couple months, then I sold it. Try the froggy thing and see if it works for you. Just be sure to rotate his head every so often so his muscles stretch evenly.

WatchingThemGrow
09-19-2008, 02:22 PM
oops double post

ellies mom
09-21-2008, 04:46 AM
If you don't have the infant insert you can use a receiving blanket instead. That is what the woman who sold us the Ergo said and it works great. I started putting DD2 in the Ergo "froggy style" when she was about 15-16 weeks old.