PDA

View Full Version : regular swings vs. travel swings

08njmomoftwins
09-19-2008, 03:15 PM
hello all..

I'm 29 weeks pregnant with twin boys and just had my baby shower. although I registered for both the boppy travel swing and the full size papasan swing, I only received the travel ones. Are the big size swings really necessary or can we get away with the travel ones..

thanks in advance for your advise and suggestions.

HIU8
09-19-2008, 03:24 PM
I don't have twins, but I have a DD and DS. I also own a regular swing and a travel one. DS hated the travel swing, but loved the regular one. DD hated the regular swing, but loved the travel swing. It just depends on your DCren. FWIW I owned both so I had different places to put DD and DS down in different parts of the house. The regular swing was also a gift and I picked up the travel swing at a consignment show.

mamaoftwins
09-19-2008, 09:31 PM
Baby B loved the papasan swing and hated the travel swing. He looked too upright in the travel swing, and just couldn't seem to get comfy. The papasan swing would put him right to sleep. (he had relux and screamed bloody murder for abt 8wks, so he slept in the swing and bouncer chairs a lot.)

Baby A didn't really like either swing, preferred the bouncer chairs.

We had one swing and two bouncers. I would have given my right arm rather than give up the two bouncers and the swing. They were all sanity savers. :)

If you wanted the papasan swing, maybe you could return one of the travel swings and get the papasan instead. Agreeing with pp, it does depend on what your babies like, which unfortunately, you can't tell now.

Good luck! Twin boys rock! ;)

mom22
09-19-2008, 10:55 PM
My girls are 5.5 months old and love their full-size swing and do not like their travel swing. I think they just like sitting up high. Unfortunately, like the PP's mentioned, every baby is different!

Maybe if I had never put them in a full size swing, they would have been happy with the travel size?!