PDA

View Full Version : Wedgits or Magnatiles or both.

niccig
09-19-2008, 11:32 PM
Wedgits I saw these on the thread in the Lounge. Any recommendation for what set to get. I think we'll get it for DS for his birthday/Christmas present.

I was also thinking of Magnatiles - what size set?

Thanks.

MMMommy
09-20-2008, 12:08 AM
For the Magnatiles, definitely the clear set of 100. We have the 45 piece color set, and my girls don't care for it at all. I know that Magnatiles are pricey, but the 100-piece set is definitely worth it in the long run.

Neatfreak
09-20-2008, 04:32 AM
My daughter loves both, you know. I started with smaller sets of both the Magnatiles and Wedgits, figuring that I can just add more as evaluated her interest.

zoestargrove
09-23-2008, 09:43 AM
I'm going to echo the 100 clear set of magnatiles. There are enough tiles for two people to build simultaneously. If they're a hit - you'll probably want to add to the initial set...because inevitably the structures will get bigger and more involved.

We bought our first set of 100 clear 2 years ago. At the time, my boys were 18months and 3. Now at nearly 4yo and 5yo - we have 200 clear and a set of dx. They are still played with almost every day and definitly the hands down favorite toy when friends are over. In fact, we have plans for another 100 clear for my ds2's upcoming bday.