PDA

View Full Version : Ergo question

Swimfreak78
09-20-2008, 09:59 AM
I bought an ergo a month ago for DS. I'd like to back carry him but can't figure how to to move him to the back - he gets frustrated with the front since he can't see. He's almost 6 months. Any suggestions.

TIA

katiesmommy
09-20-2008, 10:19 PM
Are you trying to figure out how to move him from front to back or just how to get him on the back? For just going onto the back I've always done the "hip scoot" with younger kids, and the toss for older. Basically the hip scoot goes like this, put the carrier on your waist with the seat part hanging down. Pick up your baby and hold him on your hip same as you would if you didn't have a carrier, (this is for holding on the right hip), hold him with your left arm and bring your right arm around him so that he's on the back of your hip. From there you just scoot, scoot, scoot until he's in the middle of your back. Lean forward so that he's laying on your back, then you grab the shoulder straps and pull them up. Do it over a bed or something a few times, it's really easy once you get the hang of it.

This shows a pretty good hip scoot, it's not quite the way I do it, but it's pretty good:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=R-9PAStW2OI

Swimfreak78
09-23-2008, 09:09 PM
Are you trying to figure out how to move him from front to back or just how to get him on the back? For just going onto the back I've always done the "hip scoot" with younger kids, and the toss for older. Basically the hip scoot goes like this, put the carrier on your waist with the seat part hanging down. Pick up your baby and hold him on your hip same as you would if you didn't have a carrier, (this is for holding on the right hip), hold him with your left arm and bring your right arm around him so that he's on the back of your hip. From there you just scoot, scoot, scoot until he's in the middle of your back. Lean forward so that he's laying on your back, then you grab the shoulder straps and pull them up. Do it over a bed or something a few times, it's really easy once you get the hang of it.

This shows a pretty good hip scoot, it's not quite the way I do it, but it's pretty good:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=R-9PAStW2OI

Thanks. Figured it out. He likes the back carry much better than the front, plus my back feels a bit better. DS was weighed today and he's 18 lbs at 6 months old. Not sure if that's normal or not, he's a tall boy as well 27 inches.

Thanks for your help