PDA

View Full Version : Registry Help

swrc00
09-20-2008, 07:38 PM
I should be thrilled to have this problem, but I am going to lose it if one more person asks me to add stuff to my BRU registry. I have gotten tons of hand me downs from my sister and am not really in need of a lot of stuff. I have two showers left, one friend and one work. I have suggested that gift cards be purchased if they don't want to buy anything off the registry. This is a list of the things I have:

car seats (snugride and 1 marathon)
clothes NB-3-6
blankets
all bottle supplies (unable to breastfeed)
swing
papasan
pack and play
several pack of diapers (variety of sizes) and wipes
2 diaper bags
toys,teethers, rattles
bath tub
cart cover
Bebe pod
monitor
Miracle blankets
sleep sacks (small and medium)

I am really grateful to be in this position, but does anyone have any suggestions of things to add?

Thanks for any advice!

SnuggleBuggles
09-20-2008, 08:57 PM
bouncy seat
batteries :)
memory book
something to a personalized item (hand mold, photo collage...)
small diaper bag
one of thos The First Years Fold N Go changing pads
meds like Tylenol
clothes bigger than 6m
hooded towels
wash clothes
high chair
bowls, spoons, sippy cups
receiving blankets
playmat
bassinet
bath tub toy holder
gates
safety stuff for later (latch guards...)
crib toy like the Fisher Price Rainforest one
mobile like the Tiny Love Symphony in Motion
sheets
sling or other carrier

Just think down the road. You have a lot of the new stuff but you don't sound well stocked for beyond 6 months.

Beth

mamaoftwins
09-20-2008, 09:06 PM
Hmmm ... how about the following?

Boppy pillow - we used ours for tummy time a lot
spare cover for Boppy
a floor gym
Jumperoo
crib sheets x 2
PnP sheets x 2
waterproof mattress pad x 2 (can be used for the PnP also)
other bedding/nursery stuff - crib skirt, bumpers if you're using them, curtain/valance, lamp, wall hangings/decorations
mobile
crib aquarium
high chair
portable feeding booster
restaurant high chair cover (unless your cart cover can double as this)
diaper pail of some kind and refills if needed

Do you have the Baby Bargains book? If not, get it and go through it. That will give you plenty more ideas!

Also, BRUs website has a registry list that you can go through and see if you're missing any items (it is crazy long though, you certainly don't need everything on the list!)

See, there are plenty of baby items out there to get still! ;) Good luck and have fun!

nrp
09-20-2008, 09:22 PM
With my first, I registered for a number of nice chunky wood puzzles (Melissa and Doug), and I was really glad I did. It was nice to have some toys for when DD got a bit bigger.

Melaine
09-20-2008, 09:51 PM
If people are looking do get you pricey items...I would ask for a Tripp Trapp...it's my dream item that we can't afford!

lizajane
09-20-2008, 09:55 PM
how about super cute stuff that you just plain ol' WANT? and clothes and toys to put up for later?

rgavelis
09-20-2008, 10:43 PM
How about:

Sound machine
Nice diaper bag
Formula (once you know which one you think you'll be using)
Grooming kit (nail clippers, toothbrush, hairbrush, etc)
Laundry hamper
First aid kit (thermometer, band aids, tylenol, etc)
Night light
Bottle/food warmer (for some reason when my son was very young, he wouldn't take a bottle unless it was warmed first)
Books (never too early to start on these)
Mirror for the car (so you can see what the little bugger is doing)
Window shade for the car

I'm sure that others can come up with tons more stuff. Good luck!!

bubbaray
09-20-2008, 10:58 PM
Learning Tower?

Drag0nflygirl
09-20-2008, 11:29 PM
You may already have a stroller from your sister, but maybe not a Graco snap -n -go? It's so much easier and lighter than lugging around the travel-system type stroller. It's especialy super for the winter because you'll be doing more strolling inside than out. I got the SnG and a Maclaren and that's all I've ever needed (although I do have Bob envy). I'm also wondering if you have a spare carseat base if you have two cars or grandma may need one. Also if you have two cars you might want to go ahead and register for a second Marathon - or even a Frontier. For another small thing to add - wipe warmers are nice.

JBaxter
09-20-2008, 11:37 PM
I would wait on the convertable car seat. They do expire and it does no good sitting in your house for 6-9 months. Get it when you need it.

sling / carrier
gripe water for gas pains
I LOVED my microwave sterilizer for bottle/ nipple / pacifers ( not everyone thinks you need one but I used mine for a LONG time)

swrc00
09-21-2008, 09:15 AM
Thanks for all your help! I think I am going to go to BRU and scan a few things today.

mamaoftwins
09-21-2008, 10:50 AM
Just thought of something else!

Gerber flatfold cloth diapers make excellent burpcloths!

srhs
09-21-2008, 10:33 PM
Size Large SwaddleMe
(We didn't have a Miracle Blanket, but I think you can use the SwaddleMes longer because of the velcro.)
Stain Remover
Photo Albums and Frames

ETA--Foaming Alcohol-Free Hand Sanitizer (for changing table, etc.)

carolines mommy
09-21-2008, 10:38 PM
If you decide to leave the Marathon on the registry, return it if you get one. Get a gift card and set it aside so you can purchase it when you really need it. They only have a 6 year lifespan and you don't want to eat up 6-9-12 months of its life sitting in a closet.

Drag0nflygirl
09-21-2008, 11:51 PM
If you decide to leave the Marathon on the registry, return it if you get one. Get a gift card and set it aside so you can purchase it when you really need it. They only have a 6 year lifespan and you don't want to eat up 6-9-12 months of its life sitting in a closet.
Now that is an excellent idea!!!! That's one wicked expensive thing she wouldn't have to worry about later, and if she can track down a 20% off coupon she could come out way ahead.