PDA

View Full Version : Reusable water bottle

spencersmommy
09-21-2008, 12:29 AM
I bought Kleen Kanteen for DS #1, and we like it, but it leaks! I can't put it in his lunch pail....bummer! So he has a stainless steel thermos Grammy bought for him. I want to buy another bottle for DS#2 and another one for the lunch pail. What bottle do you like and doesn't leak!
Thanks!

fauve01
09-21-2008, 12:25 PM
i'm glad you asked this--i'm looking for something for DD. hopefully there's something non-sweaty too.

tarabenet
09-21-2008, 01:44 PM
I love my Siggs. Somehow, water just tastes better out of them. I mostly just use the screw off top, but that would be a lot of work for a little fingers. There are a couple of sport-top type caps. I like the spring-loaded one, but it would also be tough for a kid to operate, I think.

The kid's sipper cap is easy to use and Aubrey (4) has liked hers for over a year now. It is connected to a flap-type mud cap that will not clip shut unless the spout has been twisted to the closed position. More than once, that has saved my purse or the diaper bag from being flooded! Although we just have the plain version of the kid's cap, it also comes in a glow-in-the-dark material that could be a lot of fun in kid-world.

Sigg is available in three (4?) sizes and lots of designs, which is also fun. Plus they make neoprene covers and carry straps. Lots of personalizing options! Check out sigg.com. They are available through several on-line and B+M stores, including REI and Whole Foods.

hillview
09-21-2008, 03:24 PM
Siggs. Love them. DS #1 has been using one since he was 2. I use them daily.
JUST for water.
/hillary

caleymama
09-21-2008, 04:00 PM
We send either a KK with a sport top (water or watered down juice) or a Sigg bottle in DDs lunch (water only). The only time we ever had leaks was when I forgot to put the actual spout on the Sigg bottle - only the part that screws on and then the cap. Whoops! I've never had the KK leak. Either can sweat, so I'll put a thin neoprene can cozy on it if I've added ice or it's been in the fridge.

spencersmommy
09-21-2008, 09:29 PM
I have the sippy top on the KK. Maybe I should just try the sports lid on it for the lunches...thanks for your suggestions, I think I will get a sigg for DS #2.

Asianmommy
09-21-2008, 10:51 PM
We use the Sigg bottle--doesn't leak, unless you forget to close it. :)

Java
09-21-2008, 10:59 PM
I just got the Nathan bottle (http://www.rei.com/product/777643?cm_mmc=cse_froogle-_-datafeed-_-product-_-777643&mr:trackingCode=B469D29B-0988-DD11-873B-0019B9C043EB&mr:referralID=NA) for DS (5yo). It's pretty nice, although kind of big. The filp top is easy to flip - just push down on the clip. Even my 2yo DD can do it.

When DS takes it to school, he hooks his finger in the clip and carries it that way. When we go to parks, both kids share the bottle so it saves my having to bring 2 bottles. The straw is a soft straw and very easy to clean. And the opening is large enough to accept ice cubes.