PDA

View Full Version : question about buying from Amazon.com

Babywhite
09-21-2008, 02:13 AM
I think I asked this before, but I can't find the post...

I have only bought one item from Amazon, and it was a couple of years ago.

I know that some things are sold by Amazon and other items are sold by other websites on the Amazon site.

DH doesn't like me to use our credit card via the internet with sites that I'm not familar with... (previous problem one time)

If an item is sold on Amazon but by another website, only Amazon sees your credit card number, etc.... Is this right?? Has anyone had any problems buying from Amazon using their CC?

TIA for your help. :)

spencersmommy
09-21-2008, 02:24 AM
I've never had a problem. do you have paypal? You can pay with paypal and no sites will see your info. I usually do it that way.
I've ordered books, food, a carseat, Bella Band, etc. from Amazon and never had a problem. Good luck!

Babywhite
09-21-2008, 02:32 AM
No, I don't have Paypal.

:)

Toxictoy
09-21-2008, 02:38 AM
Hiya - I used to work for Amazon.com so I am very familiar with the system. If you buy an item from a store that is selling an item through Amazon.com it is the same as buying directly from Amazon.com - in that the seller does not have your credit card information and all the safety and security that comes with buying something from Amazon is in place. The Amazon.com payment system is one of the most secure payment methods online and Amazon.com also insures your purchase and will refund your money if you are unhappy with the seller or the purchase in any way.

Hope that answers your question :)

Babywhite
09-21-2008, 02:56 AM
Thanks for your help! :)

Melbel
09-21-2008, 07:10 AM
As clarification, if you are buying from an external website linked through Amazon, then you are not entitled to Amazon's guarantees and the company would see your credit card information. I am also a fan of Paypal.

Melaine
09-21-2008, 07:54 AM
My hubby feels the same way but we have had nothing but great experiences with Amazon. I definitely feel safe buying anything through them or their sellers.

Babywhite
09-22-2008, 03:02 PM
Melbel (Melissa)...how do you know if it is an outside site linked to amazon? TIA :)