PDA

View Full Version : Munire Cribs

lanoll1313
09-21-2008, 10:20 AM
I've been reviewing cribs in the 7th Edition of Baby Bargains and have decided that Munire is the best brand for us to look into. However, I was just reviewing your online reviews and have found that it has received very poor reviews on your website. How is it possible that Munire has an A rating in the book, but very poor reviews on the website? I just want to understand the discrepancy so I can decide what I should do.

ahrimie
09-21-2008, 01:19 PM
I think it's due to delivery issues. I bought Munire furniture bc of the books recommendations too.. and I'll admit it's very nice furniture--made well. There was some special going on at our nearby store so we got good prices too. But it took us FOREVER to get our crib; it came after I delivered our baby. Just order in advance--hopfully before you are in your 3rd Trimester!!

Jenn850
09-21-2008, 03:32 PM
We are still waiting for our furniture. USA Baby said we should have it in 8-12 weeks, and it has been 14. I am due in 3 weeks and really slowing down. It would have been nice to get the nursery set up before now. The thing that burns me is that USA Baby isn't the least bit apologetic. If you are earilier in your pregnancy and you have 4 months to wait, don't sweat it. Otherwise you might weigh into your decision the possiblity that you won't have it on time.

L'sMommy
09-23-2008, 04:49 PM
We ordered Munire a few weeks ago and they tell me that they already have the pieces in stock so we're having it delivered on Oct. 3rd. I ordered from Crib and Teen City. I was leary before I ordered the furniture also, but I love the pieces and since I knew ahead of time that the wait time can be long, I was prepared. Even though we have the delivery date scheduled, I'm half expecting them to call me and say they make a mistake and I have to wait 12 weeks. I'm due mid-Jan.

My friend in another state also ordred Munire several weeks ago. Her furniture is in already and the store is holding it for delivery until she is ready to set up the nursery.

Hope this helps.

scrooks
09-23-2008, 07:53 PM
We bought a Munire crib a year and a half ago. We didn't have delivery issues (the store had it in stock) so I can say our experience has been great. We love the look of the crib and it is very sturdy. The only bad thing is the whole front has to come off in order to lower it- kind of a pain but not too bad. It took my husband 20 minutes last time. And now we are at the lowest setting so it's a non-issue.

nellonello
09-24-2008, 04:44 PM
I would also like to weigh in to say that we love our Munire crib and didn't have delivery issues.

mg1278
09-27-2008, 02:01 PM
I love our Munire crib; it looks nice and feels very sturdy. We ordered it last November from USA Baby (in MN) and were quoted 12 weeks. It came in around 5 weeks later - much faster than expected! We chose the Essex in Chestnut, so maybe that's less popular than some of the other models or colors.

aggie01
09-27-2008, 08:49 PM
I just purchased a Munire crib and the store had it in stock! I purchased it based on the recommendations from the book! I can't wait to get it set up...I bought the white essex but the display model was cherry so I hope I like the white version! Everyone in the store was raving about this brand as well and even the pieces that they did not have in stock were quoted at 4-6 week delivery time.

Jenn850
09-30-2008, 05:05 PM
We finally got our furniture and it is beautiful! A month late, but still before baby. It is the bristol collection in a cherry finish and I am glad we toughed out the wait;)

CocoaSashimi
10-04-2008, 02:05 PM
The reason you are seeing "bad" reviews of Munire furniture is not due to the quality of the furniture. The majority of the complaints posted on here are due to the fact that Munire had some difficulty earlier this year meeting consumer demand for their product. There was a huge surge in demand for their product, and Munire had a backlog of orders.

As you've probably read in the BB book, most cribs need to be special ordered (unless you're looking at the cheaper mass-marketed models in Wal-Mart and Target). It's best to check with your local Munire distributor and ask them what their wait time is for the specific Munire crib that you want.

In May, we were told by our local Munire distributor that the average wait time is 12 to 15 weeks for the Urban crib. At that time, the salesperson also explained that the demand for Munire cribs had skyrocketed because their cribs weren't made in China, and Munire couldn't keep up with the unexpected demand (due to the fear of all things made in China because of all the recent recalls). She also informed us that her store didn't carry all the color options for the Urban line (espresso was the standard color and was the display model), and that if we wanted the white or natural, the wait times could be longer. She also informed us that occasionally, they would keep a few boxes of the floor model in the warehouse. We were lucky because we had a salesperson who really knew her product and her own company.

We went in the first week of July to order the crib and dresser. Our salesperson informed us then that the conversion kit would take 6-8 weeks to come into the store as they didn't have any in stock. However, we were both pleasantly surprised to find that both the crib and the dresser were in stock. We took them home that day and put in an order for the conversion kit, which promptly came in 6 weeks later.

I think some of the frustration you may have seen posted is because people didn't get all the information from their salespeople when they placed their orders for the Munire cribs. Just make sure you ask your salesperson what their wait time is for that specific crib, what the wait time would be if you order a color not displayed in their store, how often do they get deliveries of the display model (if at all), and how often have they been faced with back orders from Munire in the last few months.

I have to say that the product was most definitely worth the wait. Both our crib and dresser are flawless. They are solidly built (center supports in the drawers along with corner supports), and it's rare to find reasonably priced baby items that are of this quality.

boilermakermom
10-09-2008, 01:30 PM
I ordered a Munire crib and dresserat USA Baby. We were quoted 10 -12 weeks. We are going on week 21. USA Baby has awful customer service. They have done noting to help the situation. Including not returning my phone calls Its ridiucoulous. I will never again order furniture from them.

Munire gets good reviews....after waiting this long (D is 8 weeks already) it better be worth it. This is a hassle.

sail731
10-09-2008, 02:51 PM
We have Munire from USA Baby and had no problems. My biggest complaint is that the crib we selected had a wide top rail, which has been used for teething. :32: Otherwise great bed, good service.

arivecchi
10-17-2008, 12:49 PM
I bought the Munire Oxford crib and dresser back in the fall of 2006. While I absolutely love the furniture, I had to wait about 16-17 weeks for it when I was quoted no more than 12 weeks. It came after my son had arrived! I bought it from USA Baby in WI and they were helpful enough. The really upsetting thing is that when the crib finally arrived, it was defective, so I then had to wait another 2-3 weeks. I think I got the second one quickly because I wrote to Munire that I was writing Denise and Alan about my case, which I did. That got their attention. I do love the crib and dresser, although the front rail of the crib has a lot of scrapes from leaning over it with belts and zippers. Does anyone else have this problem?

boilermakermom
10-17-2008, 03:03 PM
As of right now - munire has officially lost me as a customer. so has USA baby. i ordered my essex crib in april - just rec'd it. and its the wrong finish. i ordeed my dresser in may - no clue when it will be in. i was quoted 10 -12weeks on the crib and 10 - 14 on the dresser. I was planning on ordering addt'l pieces - not now.

usa baby won't return my calls - they pretty much said - too bad. you can bet i'll report this to denise and alan.

arivecchi
10-17-2008, 04:34 PM
As of right now - munire has officially lost me as a customer. so has USA baby. i ordered my essex crib in april - just rec'd it. and its the wrong finish. i ordeed my dresser in may - no clue when it will be in. i was quoted 10 -12weeks on the crib and 10 - 14 on the dresser. I was planning on ordering addt'l pieces - not now.

usa baby won't return my calls - they pretty much said - too bad. you can bet i'll report this to denise and alan.
Do e-mail them about your experience and cc USA BAby, as well as Munire. That should get their attention. Denise and Alan should also know about the fact that their delivery times are still so far off the mark. I mean, c'mon, they've has 2 years + to get their act together since they started having delivery issues!! That's unacceptable!

Zoey187
10-30-2008, 12:21 AM
Thought I would post an update about my Munire funiture. I ordered from a small baby store in Mobile, Al and was told 6 weeks on my order. I just got a call ealier this week that it was in. It only took 4 weeks for my order to come in. I am so happy!

The set that I ordered was the Majestic collection so I am not sure if this had anything to do with it or not. Maybe they are catching up on their orders!

theCAS
10-30-2008, 02:54 PM
We ordered our Munire Majestic crib from Nebraska Furniture Mart and received it ahead of the quoted time frame. It was back in March so I don't remember the time frmae we were quoted. But I do remember it arrived early. It's a beautiful, well made piece and we are very pleased with it.

jauyeu
11-07-2008, 01:40 AM
You can also look at "Baby Cache" furniture at Babies R Us. Baby Cache is the brand under which Munire sells cribs to the chain stores. The advantage is that BRU usually have the cribs in stock/warehouse as they probably order thousands of cribs at a time. Heck, just having one floor model for every one of it's stores is a few hundred cribs (~300 stores, I think). I bought the Tampa model back in late Feb '08 and received the crib and dresser a week later, I also ordered the conversion rail at the same time and didn't get it till October so go figure..... Didn't bother me too much though, as long as I received it before 2010, I didn't care. They did give me a 15 dollar gift card as an apology for the delay. :) BRU may be low on cribs though.... with the Jardine recall fiasco and all... but if you buy a Baby Cache Crib or even a regular Munire crib "in stock", you'd be good to go.
Moral of story: In stock crib = received in one week , Special order Conversion rail = received 7 months later! That's one slow boat! Either that or they plant the tree when they receive the order.

DaddyNoBucks
11-09-2008, 12:11 PM
Munire is great quality. Just picked up an Essex crib (pricey) in Chestnut finish. We were originally going to go with the Koala Home Taylor lifetime crib but the BRU near us (Lansing, MI) told us it would be 2-3 weeks. I asked if they had any other cribs (at all) in stock and the didn't have the much. I needed a crib quickly (mostly because I'm an idiot, held off on buying a crib, and my DD was rapidly outgrowing the Graco Pack-N-Play). I found a Munire stocking distributor in Jackson, MI called Toy House and they stock Munire items due to the long lead times.

Toy House is my savior for stocking cribs (bless those family owned businesses that don't have to worry about shareholders). Munire crib took less than an hour to assembly with all the bolt holes lining us and fitting together perfectly. Great quality crib and looks wonderful. If you can find them stocked somewhere or can wait 3 weeks, either Munire or Baby Cache (or Koala Home Taylor crib at BRU) is an excellent buy.

teena
11-11-2008, 12:19 PM
Yesterday we have ordered Baby Cache Heritage Life timeconvertible crib at BRU. My due is on the Dec 10th but they will only deliver it by Nov 30th the latest. Hopefully I should get it before my baby comes. Did anyone buy this crib? Is it easy to assemble and use? Any comments about this crib.

Lynnelo18
11-26-2008, 01:19 PM
I purchased the Munire Essex Crib last year based off the reviews in Baby Bargains. My first issue was the wait time, it took 20 weeks to arrive, it was quoted 10-12 and arrived in 20! Needless to say, I wasn't happy but was happy enough to have a crib to let it slide. Now, I recently purchased the conversion kit. It was scheduled to arrive in 6-8 weeks and arrived in 12 weeks with 2 of the slats damaged!! We decided to put the kit together with the two cracked slats only to find out MORE Problems!! The predrilled holes in one side of the headboard are skewed to the left so the slats do not fit on the rails. I contacted the company, only to have them tell me to contact the store I purchased it from. The store is trying to resolve this issue but overall I WOULD NOT recommend this company to anyone! Save your time and money and buy something else! I am puzzled as to why this is rated an "A" in baby bargains, I think it should be under review.

poppy
11-27-2008, 06:08 PM
What type of wood is Baby Cache made from? Is it a hardwood or is it pine?
I was planning on getting a Munire Urban but it is almost $600.00 so I thought I might go for a cheaper option if it is almost as good.

TIA and Happy Thanksgiving!