PDA

View Full Version : Where do you buy your nice t-shirts?

Mom to Brandon and 2 cats
09-22-2008, 12:44 AM
I need some nice t-shirts, both for wearing on the weekends, and underneath a sweater or blazer for work. Something that's fitted, but not too tight, and long enough (I have a stack of t-shirts from 6 years ago that are dated looking because of the length).

Any recommendations for a reasonably priced t-shirt?

Aishe
09-22-2008, 01:56 AM
I really like Shade Clothing t-shirts. They're exactly as you describe: fitted but not tight, with a little extra length. Their cap sleeve tee is super flattering.

http://www.shadeclothing.com/

WatchingThemGrow
09-22-2008, 06:44 AM
I got Banana Republic ones this summer and ordered l/s ones recently with a coupon code from here. S/s ones were great. L/s seem fine. I just don't know if I love the color choices (or lack thereof). With the free shipping offer, I decided to try some Hanna Power of a Great Tees. Of course, they had some bright color options.

IKWYM about the 6 year old "short" shirts. That's all I had also! Well, 'cept for maternity.

JTsMom
09-22-2008, 08:00 AM
I've had good luck with Ann Taylor Loft in the past. I've also heard good things about Eddie Bauer's T's.

SnuggleBuggles
09-22-2008, 08:45 AM
My ATL ones fit very well. They seem to hold up well in the laundry too (I've had some 6+m).

Beth

hellokitty
09-22-2008, 01:17 PM
Ann Taylor LOFT has nice t-shirts. Weirdly enough, I also like the microfiber t-shirts from Target, the Merona brand. They hold up nicely and looked a little more dressed up than a cotton T.

emmiem
09-22-2008, 06:42 PM
I like Chico's and J. Jill tees.
Michele

ThreeofUs
09-22-2008, 06:58 PM
I like Lands End supima tees - they go really well under a blazer as well as with just about any grade of casual.

For winter, I get square-neck fine-gauge sweater tees from Coldwater Creek. Very flattering, very chic.

MontrealMum
09-22-2008, 07:41 PM
I like Eddie Bauer tees. Their color choices aren't always that great, but they consistently have white, black, and grey at least. I found the LLB tees to be quite short in the body. I haven't tried LE or Ann Taylor. Banana has nice tees from time to time but is not consistent from year to year if you find something you love and want more. :( If you're looking for something fairly thin for wearing only under sweaters, the JCrew tissue tees and perfect tees are nice. But you might find them a bit clingy/thin for blazers or on their own. They have great colors and are super long. I wore both types nearly to the end of my pregnancy!

ellies mom
09-22-2008, 09:17 PM
The Eddie Bauer T's are my favorite. I usually buy them at the outlet. I also like J. Jill.