PDA

View Full Version : dollhouse for an 18 month old?

HIU8
09-22-2008, 03:07 PM
DD will be 18 months in December and we wanted to get her a nice gift for Hanukah that we don't already have. She loves her baby and stroller, but other than that, she plays with DS's trains and cars. Are there any doll houses out there appropriate for an 18 month old that will grow with them to age 3 at least?

fivi2
09-22-2008, 03:17 PM
I got my girls the Fisher Price MY First Dollhouse for their second birthday. The house itself didn't get much play at first, and still only gets a little. They do love the people and the furniture though. A family member also gave then the Little People Dollhouse, which they didn't like at all and we gave away. I think the FP one is the way to go for this age, but for some kiddos 18 months might still be too young for dollhouse play. (it was for mine!) :)

nfowife
09-22-2008, 03:41 PM
I second the FP my first dollhouse. DD is 3 now and still plays with it and 20 month old DS plays too. As do most kids from 1-5+ that come over to play!

new_mommy25
09-22-2008, 10:17 PM
FP My First Dollhouse!!

I bought the dollhouse off Amazon for $22.

The extra furniture and family members I bought from Toysrus. Every few months they run a BOGO on FP dollhouse accesories. You could pick up some of those to wrap for other Hanukah gifts.

nicknack
09-23-2008, 11:31 AM
Ditto! DD LOVES hers, she plays with it daily. She's 2.5 now but got it when she was about 21 mths old.

egoldber
09-23-2008, 11:37 AM
I got Amy the FP dollhouse for Hanukkah (she was 15 months) and she loves it. I got an older version and only paid $3 for it at a yard sale, so it was well worth it. ;)

If I were buying her one now, it would probably be the My First Dollhouse.

HIU8
09-23-2008, 01:08 PM
My DD will be 18 months by Hanukkah and we really don't have any toys more geared for girls right now--1 doll, 1 stroller. She mostly plays with DS's cars and trains and pretty much anything he says she can't have. I think she would love a dollhouse. I'm really glad the FP one comes well recommended.