PDA

View Full Version : Height of your Play Kitchen counter...

jeniferrlynne
09-23-2008, 12:58 AM
I am having trouble finding this information except on a few. For example the red vintage kidkraft at Costco? Does anyone already own and can comment on this? The one on oompa by educo has a 20" counter height. Is this pretty standard? I have no idea which kitchens I should steer clear of as too short for my 2.75 year old boy. The large kidkraft on walmart.com is a little too pastel for my taste, even though I have a baby girl too. Thanks for any advice

KBecks
09-23-2008, 08:17 AM
The counter on our elves & angels kitchen is about 22".

WatchingThemGrow
09-23-2008, 08:18 AM
We have this Kidkraft Island Kitchen in Primary colors, and I happened to have a measuring tape nearby. wow. The countertop is 24" from the floor and the top of the kitchen is 45" tall.

We love our kitchen, despite the brightness. It takes up a small amount of wall space (something we're lacking) and has wheels on one side for easy moving - which I do occasionally. DD (36") can reach the microwave on her tippy toes now, so I figure it has a good lifespan still.

When I was searching for this kind of info, I called Kidkraft. They told me just about everything I wanted to know. On the kidkraft.com website, you can see the overall dimensions of them. Also, different retailers have different pictures where you can get an idea of how tall the units are compared to real kids. Some units looked very small.

caleymama
09-23-2008, 10:12 AM
Ours has a 24" counter height and an overall height of just under 45." Older DD got it when she was 2 and it still fits her great at 6. Like a PP mentioned with her kitchen, the microwave was a bit high at first but is now okay for both DDs.

It is the Guidecraft Kitchen Island Complete Play Center (http://www.gummylump.com/front/f_product.php?id=776).

jeniferrlynne
09-29-2008, 12:43 AM
Thanks so much. Now I know that the 20" one is at the lower end. :( I do like the look of the educo and the price , but I think the counter is just too short. Will be considering others....

twobabes
09-29-2008, 05:15 PM
If you go to Costco, they may have one set up for you to check out (our does), although it was set up on a platform, so watch that if you are checking height! I liked the Costco version, but it was definitely smaller scale than the Pottery Barn version. It wasn't necessarily too low, but it was just a little smaller and more compact all over.

MMMommy
09-29-2008, 07:21 PM
The counter height of the new Costco Kidkraft red kitchen is definitely lower than the traditional Kidkraft kitchens. It almost compares to the scale size of the Kidkraft pink retro kitchen set they have had the last two years at Costco. Pretty small scale.