PDA

View Full Version : DS peeing on couch!!

hillview
09-25-2008, 09:41 AM
DS is 3 and potty trained. He is now peeing on the couch/my bed when he is naked and feeling silly (done maybe 4 times). I am really ready to spank him (I am not but if ever there was a time...). So anyone btdt? I am so pissed -- help.

TIA!
/hillary

ha98ed14
09-25-2008, 11:31 AM
Is he having an accident or doing a "Hey mom, look at me doing this thing I know will make you mad"? If you are sure it is not an accident, then I probably would be more firm in your words and discipline than if he just refused to come when called or refused to pick up his toys. You need to send him the message that this is very serious.

Another option might be the mindset "Oh if you ignore it, he will stop," but if he has already seen how upset this makes you, that is not going to work now because he knows that doing this will bug you/ get under your skin (even if you have the self control not to react) and 3 year olds live push people's buttons.

If he were my son, I would do this: As soon as he starts peeing on the bed/ couch, I would pick him up very quickly (as in not cuddly) and carry him into the bathroom and put him down in front of (or on) the potty. Stand behind him and tell him we pee in the toilet and make him stand/ sit there for a bit. Hopefully he will pee in the toilet. If he thinks it is funny and laughs it off, then make him stay in the bathroom for a while. Get a chair and sit by the door and tell him that when he remembers how pee in the toilet he can come out.

In addition, I would make him clean it up. Have him strip the sheets on the bed (obviously you will have to help get the sheets off the bed) but make him carry it all to the laundry room, as many trips as it takes. If he pees on the couch, give him a towel or a sponge and whatever safe cleaner you will be using and let me scrub for a while. Stand near him to enforce it.

Given how socially inappropriate this behavior is in general and how belittling it is to you to have to clean up his pee when he knows better, I think you have to be swift and firm.

JMHO. I tend not to stand for this kind of behavior from DH's nephews and I am really firm when they are rude, which is often. Their mother lets them get away with rudeness to her and other people and I am convinced they act like this because she never really corrects them. She may say "Oh that is not nice to say" but there are never any consequences, so now I am all for swift justice :) Lol

KpbS
09-25-2008, 11:51 AM
Yikes!!! I would institute a no naked rule if I were in your shoes. Tell him he has to slip on undies before leaving the bathroom or his bedroom etc. See if there is a definite connection btw the nakedness and the peeing.

Hope the problem goes away fast!

Twoboos
09-25-2008, 11:55 AM
I am so pissed.

Sorry I am no help, just had to say your last line made me laugh!! :ROTFLMAO:

good luck, I would certainly be pissed too!!

ha98ed14
09-25-2008, 12:00 PM
Yikes!!! I would institute a no naked rule if I were in your shoes.

I agree. Try that first. If it is connected to being naked, maybe it will be enough to stop the behavior...

hillview
09-25-2008, 12:52 PM
I like the no naked rule. Will give that a go.

What I did:
Take a deep breath
Have him go get towels and had him clean up
Took him upstairs -- put a diaper on him
Told him I was very angry and put 4 toys in a time out when he wasn't cooperating

ARGH
/hillary