PDA

View Full Version : Sling into Shower for DC's Bath?

srhs
09-25-2008, 08:19 PM
I've seen a few sling carriers online that say they are waterproof for pool or shower. Does anyone use a carrier to take DC into shower to bathe? At what age can you do this (water temp well-regulated, of course)? Do babies mind the pressure of a shower stream?
TIA!

hobie
10-01-2008, 06:30 PM
I took my bitty babies in the shower (once the cord fell off). Showering a baby is way easier than the traditional bath. I'd usually hand a baby to DH, he'd shower him off, and give me back the clean baby...easy! If you want a shower sling, solarveil ring slings or pouches work well (second choice being a mesh carrier). My babies didn't mind the shower at all, usually they got calm and quiet...a happy baby, IMO.

AngelaS
10-01-2008, 07:59 PM
My babies have all loved the shower and I took them in from about 3 weeks or so on up. I would just hold them up against my shoulder so that I could soap up their back and hair and then rinse their backs. Then I'd lay them down in my arm rinse their hair and then soap their belly and legs and rinse. I would then lay them on the towels waiting right outside the shower, wrap them up reallly well and finish my shower quickly.

SnuggleBuggles
10-01-2008, 08:38 PM
I wouldn't bother with a carrier at this point because soon baby will be so sturdy that it will be easy to hold baby in the shower. Some people like wearing some sort of glove to help with slipping but I've been ok just holding baby. Give it a try- most babies like showers. :)

Beth

Swimfreak78
10-03-2008, 08:39 PM
Hmm. Any tips on how to handle a squirmy 6 month old in the shower. He's outgrowing his tub and this sounds like a great idea.

MommyAllison
10-17-2008, 08:05 PM
My DD must be the exception - she HATES showers! :) Haven't tried it with DS yet though.