PDA

View Full Version : best chair materials?

soontobe
09-25-2008, 08:48 PM
I am going to be getting a glider from "best chair" (the sonna design). I still haven't picked out material, and I need some help. I would like a material that is easy to spot clean and doesn't stain from baby mess. Also I am not sure what color bedding I am getting (I am looking at neutral designs, but something with color-if you have any ideas about that....) so I don't have what to match it to. I am getting it in the cherry finish-can you suggest a good material and color? (I am going to move the chair out of the nursery at some point)

TIA!!!

C99
09-29-2008, 07:28 PM
I'd get something without any white or light color in the fabric. I'd also recommend getting a removable slipcover to use over it while the chair is in your baby's room. I saw a Best Chair this morning that was in excellent condition -- except for the fabric, which was quite stained. It was a white/blue gingham/check pattern from 2004.

jgenie
10-12-2008, 01:16 AM
I ordered a Best chair (Peyton) for our nursery. I ordered a navy blue ultra suede. My LO is 8 months old. I use it all the time and it still looks great! A clean cloth and some water is all I've needed to clean it. You don't need to purchase the stain protection from your store. If you can afford it, I recommend splurging for the ottoman. My Best chair and ottoman was one of the BEST purchases we made!!