PDA

View Full Version : Get someone else to buy your $%!#

kransden
09-26-2008, 08:22 PM
I have a friend that makes "stuff" as a hobby. I do not want to buy her wares. She constantly is driving me crazy wanting me to buy her stuff. STOP ASKING!!!! The answer is no and I am not made of money!!!!!! ARGH!!!!!!

rgavelis
09-26-2008, 09:07 PM
I guess my first comment is if she's a friend, why is she trying to charge you for her stuff? :nono: If I made stuff (love that btw), I would just give it to you because you're my friend. Second, maybe you need to be a little more forceful with her when you say no. It may be hard for your friend to hear but trust me it's better to get it out in the open sooner than later.

If what she makes is good, maybe suggest to her that she try selling her stuff at a craft sale, ebay or etsy. (http://www.etsy.com/) Good Luck!

Wife_and_mommy
09-26-2008, 09:20 PM
Ugh. I'm sorry.

I have a friend who recently started her own business making children's clothes. She's whipping out outfits left and right and giving them away as advertising. You could suggest your friend do the same to everyone but you if you're not interested in them.

kransden
09-26-2008, 10:32 PM
It is a very long and complicated story, that if I wrote it here, some how some way it would come back and bite me in the @$$.

LOL, I am a forceful ahem BLUNT person. (That is part of my girlish charm :rolleyes:) She has foisted lots of her items on me for free. This stuff I never use. When I worked, I would hand it out at the office. I know she technically has money problems at the moment, but for the love of God, just stop spending money! It is really that simple. She and Mrs. Jones would be the best of friends. I wish she would put her stuff on etsy. I think I am just going to have to be more forceful with her in that direction. What I don't think she gets is the economy is terrible right now, and everyone is feeling the pinch. Not many people are buying frivolous things this year.