PDA

View Full Version : Seriously? A televised wedding for Bristol before the election?

kayte
09-28-2008, 03:09 PM
This is what several McCain insiders are reporting... After she turns 18 in October.

(not that I don't know the answer but) Why would you do this to your child? I personally find it objectionable at all that she has been drug into spotlight at all--by either side's media. Why on earth --when you are asking for family privacy-- would you televise your pregnant teenager's wedding other than to get votes??????

Please do not do that to this poor girl.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/us_elections/article4837644.ece

"In an election campaign notable for its surprises, Sarah Palin, the Republican vice- presidential candidate, may be about to spring a new one — the wedding of her pregnant teenage daughter to her ice-hockey-playing fiancé before the November 4 election.

Inside John McCain’s campaign the expectation is growing that there will be a popularity boosting pre-election wedding in Alaska between Bristol Palin, 17, and Levi Johnston, 18, her schoolmate and father of her baby. “It would be fantastic,” said a McCain insider. “You would have every TV camera there. The entire country would be watching. It would shut down the race for a week.”

KBecks
09-28-2008, 03:11 PM
What network would televise it? It's not news. Unless it's going to be TLC "A Wedding Story" or something like that.

I hope they have a nice wedding, etc. I think they deserve privacy though. This could very well be another rumor about the Palin family, there have been so many.

Ceepa
09-28-2008, 03:19 PM
This could very well be another rumor about the Palin family, there have been so many.

Sounds like it.

kayte
09-28-2008, 03:19 PM
This could very well be another rumor about the Palin family

I sure as heck hope so!

Mermanaid
09-28-2008, 03:53 PM
Am I misreading this because I don't see where it implies that the wedding would be televised? Simply that the media would swarm it.

Globetrotter
09-28-2008, 03:53 PM
It sounds too ridiculous to be true.

kijip
09-28-2008, 04:04 PM
Sounds like a rumor to me. Besides I don't think a public/media wedding would really be good for the campaign (or, more importantly for the bride and groom).

CAM7
09-28-2008, 04:29 PM
She turns 18 on October 18, a respectable age for a bride — and the same age as Barack Obama’s pregnant mother when she married his Kenyan father.

Lol! Love this!

gatorsmom
09-28-2008, 05:17 PM
Nothing shocks me anymore.

niccig
09-28-2008, 06:04 PM
Nothing shocks me anymore.

Me too. I hope this is a rumor, but I wouldn't be shocked if it did happen - I think many politicians will do pretty much anything to get elected.

KBecks
09-28-2008, 06:25 PM
I could certainly see Bristol getting married before the election though -- if she turns 18, and if she wants to be married before the baby is born, those are not unreasonable things. I'm not sure when winter actually starts in Alaska, but it would make sense to possibly do the wedding before it gets very dark and cold.

LarsMal
09-29-2008, 09:04 AM
“It would be fantastic,” said a McCain insider. “You would have every TV camera there. The entire country would be watching. It would shut down the race for a week.”

This is the line that makes me think this is just a rumor. After all the calls for family privacy, I just can't imagine a McCain insider saying this.

Although, like other pps have said, nothing surprises me anymore!