PDA

View Full Version : Rec for Push / Walker Toy

lovin2shop
09-29-2008, 12:26 PM
Not sure what these are called, but I would like to get Ethan a toy in the next month or two that he can push around as he starting to pull up and really wants to walk. I saw a cute wooden one in the Right Start catalogue, but wanted to see anyone had a favorite to recommend? I prefer something with little to no sound and am leaning towards wood over plastic. TIA for any suggestions.

WatchingThemGrow
09-29-2008, 12:46 PM
Radio Flyer Walker Wagon - It is wonderful as a first walker because of the clicking (a little bit of noise) resistance it has. Both of my DC have loved it, and DH and I love that we can store toys in it. Currently, it holds a 100 piece block set.

When I got ours from kidsurplus.com is was like $75, but I've seen gently used ones on Craigslist for $35-40. I think I got the recommendation for it from lurking here. It has staying power as it is still fun for DD to push around and it is made really well.

brittone2
09-29-2008, 12:59 PM
2 that get really good reviews are the Haba walker wagon and the RF walker wagon. Both are quite heavy and stable, which makes them much more enjoyable for a child to use.

Both can be used for other purposes as well (the Haba walker wagon can be used kind of like a stroller for example. The RF walker wagon would work as kind of a pseudo shopping cart, kwim?).

annasmom
09-29-2008, 02:43 PM
We have the Haba pushcar, and it is great and has held up really well. We have had ours for almost 3 years now, and it still looks great. But, it is expensive. The Radio Flyer wagon gets great reviews too.

Tammy
10-11-2008, 10:34 PM
We have the Radio Flyer Walker Wagon, and dd loves it. She's walking well now and still loves to play with it. When she was just learning to take off for a few steps though, she could walk behind the RF wagon and get her balance and go far.

SnuggleBuggles
10-12-2008, 06:51 PM
I read all the + reviews here for the Radio Flyer and Haba ones but I couldn't bring myself to spend that kind of money. My ds has been happy with a Playskool Bright Beginnings one that I bought at TRU for $25. I wish there were a more affordable wood option but I didn't see one.

Beth

Tnstrainor
10-12-2008, 08:42 PM
I loved the RF walker Wagon. Itwas the only thing that did not topple over because it was so heavy.

maydaymommy
10-13-2008, 03:37 PM
LOVE the RF walker wagon.

DS uses it now, at 17 months, to put things in and push them around. Also, he loves to put himself in it.

I will say it wasn't easy to put together, but I kept telling myself that's how they make it last a lifetime.

It does make a click-click noise and when he was using it before he could really walk it seemed to move quickly to me.

The other toy we have that did a good job with not tipping was a push alligator toy by Melissa & Doug. Not so expensive, it's wooden, and the alligators on the bottom chomp chomp as it is pushed. We loaned this to a friend & I think that's how her son learned to walk. He's a big, heavy kid, too, and it held his weight without tipping.

lovin2shop
10-13-2008, 10:53 PM
Thanks so much for the recs. We went with the Radio Flyer since I had a coupon and got free shipping with a Halloween costume that I was planning to get anyway. I'm very impressed with the quality. We have all wood and tile floors and it has been very stable for a new pusher! Thanks again, you ladies haven't failed me yet!