PDA

View Full Version : ultrasound...and some bad news???

djtanner
09-30-2008, 07:36 PM
so it is a boy...we found out today at my 20 weeks ultrasound...we also found out some not so great news. it is not bad, just not very reassuring. for the most part 4 out of 6 of the markers for down syndrome came back FINE. my bloodwork, the bridge of the nose, the neck, the heart, all looked okay. I guess something with the size of the head vs. the size of the limbs caused some concern. we are just taking it day by day. i have an appt tomorrow with my regular doctor to talk about the results. i just ask that you all pray. either way i will love this baby with all my heart!! It is just hard news to get, and even harder to have to wait...

citymama
09-30-2008, 08:08 PM
Sending you good thoughts and best wishes for a healthy, happy baby and safe pregnancy. Please keep us posted. Hugs to you and your family, and a special belly rub for the little one. :22:

WatchingThemGrow
09-30-2008, 08:10 PM
:hug:

That's hard news to hear. I'm glad you came here to ask for prayer. You have a good attitude. I'll be praying for your family during this time of waiting.

ETA: Yay, boy!! I never imagined I would love my little boy as much as I do. Were you "feeling" boy?

kep
09-30-2008, 08:27 PM
I hope things turn out okay! Keep us posted. :hug:

Swimfreak78
09-30-2008, 08:43 PM
I hope things turn out okay. The waiting is the hardest part -- I think.

Staraglimmer
09-30-2008, 10:12 PM
You have my prayers. Remember that God gives special children to special parents.

hugs.:hug5:

KBecks
09-30-2008, 10:35 PM
Hugs. I'm not familiar with all of the markers and all of the risks. With this baby, they noted one marker for Down syndrome and said my risk was still like 1 in 100 (if there were no markers I think it would have decreased to 1 in 400 or something like that).

Anyway, I know it causes some restlessness, and I wish you peace for the rest of your pregnancy. I feel a little worried, yet I'm trying to let things be and we'll take it as it comes..... whatever comes!

God bless you and your pregnancy. :)

djtanner
10-01-2008, 08:04 AM
thank you!!

sste
10-01-2008, 10:23 PM
I had a marker too (enlarged kidney) and our baby did not have DS. There is a difference between "soft markers" and "hard markers." My husband and I had very mixed feelings about the ultrasound process. The doctor that did the ultrasound only does ultrasounds and I felt like he perhaps knew too much about every last possible risk - - and was not great at communicating. He did not put the risk in context for us. My husband and I were bawling in the parking structure until my husband finally had the presence of mind to go back in (he is a doc and this is the hospital he works at) and ask the actual risk from the marker. It was something like 1 in 10,000 once combined with my results on the nuchal and quad-screen . . . `

daisyd
10-07-2008, 04:09 PM
My prayers are with you...

jgenie
10-24-2008, 12:03 AM
Praying for you - we had two markers during our pregnancy - enlarged kidney & light on his heart. Everything turned out ok, but I know how you're worrying. :hug: