PDA

View Full Version : Formula checks?

Staraglimmer
09-30-2008, 11:47 PM
When did you stop receiving formula checks?

I got a bunch that all expired at once. Should I expect any more?

kijip
10-01-2008, 12:14 AM
Depends on your zip code and if you are using the ones you have. I think they send more to those not using the ones they have already been sent, but that is just an observation from chatting with friends. I don't know if it is true or not. We got a lot with my son 5 years ago. I think they stopped once he was about 9 months old or so.

I do know that I am already inundated with Enfamil and Similac mailings. I don't know how they got my address this time...unless Ann Taylor Loft sold it. I have not bought maternity clothes elsewhere besides used and Target.

WatchingThemGrow
10-01-2008, 06:36 AM
I really don't think I got any after about the 6th month - just about when we fully weaned (or gave up after a great deal of effort). I think around 9 mos they start sending Toddler Formula checks, but we're not using it.

Interestingly, I have been unable to use checks given to me by friends at Sam's club for formula. Twice lately, I've tried and the computer has denied it. My own worked fine, though. Wish I had a couple more.

srhs
10-01-2008, 11:03 AM
Interestingly, I have been unable to use checks given to me by friends at Sam's club for formula. Twice lately, I've tried and the computer has denied it. My own worked fine, though. Wish I had a couple more.

IME, using formula checks at Sam's has more to do with whether or not the cashier knows how to ring them. At mine, they keep ringing them as forms of payment (checks) to get them to go through because scanning does nothing. If I was denied, I'd stop at the Customer Service and get it fixed. But I'm a little obsessed with saving $. ;)

P.S. It never hurts to call the co. and say "Hey, I was just wondering if I'm still eligible to receive your coupons...was thinking maybe I'd need to switch to generic..." ;) I called one co. to ask if I was still on the list (didn't mention switching or anything), and a full size canister arrived on my doorstep.