PDA

View Full Version : Need Craft help.

Kyras mom
10-01-2008, 02:43 AM
We have done two of foam craft projects ("Foamies"). The first was a haunted house. Used Elmer's glue, nothing really stuck at all, and it fell apart. We have sinced learned that there are craft glues for foam, so the second project (a castle) has stuck together much better, at least most of it.

Has anyone had success with using glue guns with foam projects? It looked like a glue gun was used on the foam demo projects at Michael's.

TIA!

ellies mom
10-01-2008, 03:29 AM
We like glue dots over here. They stick quite well with no drying time and no burnt finger tips. They come in a few different sizes.

JTsMom
10-01-2008, 06:35 AM
I would definitely not use a glue gun if kids are helping. The burned fingers are really no fun, and believe me, I'd know! Ouch.

I second the dots. If that doen't work, try the scrapbooking section for the adhesives they sell for embellishments. They'll usually hold just about anything.

MamaKath
10-01-2008, 02:08 PM
ITA- Glue guns work, but would be an adult only project. The glue dots are great. If you are ordering from somepleace like Oriental Trading, they do sell them.

MamaKath
10-01-2008, 02:08 PM
ITA- Glue guns work, but would be an adult only project. The glue dots are great. If you are ordering from somepleace like Oriental Trading, they do sell them.