PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to join me in my goal to loose 5 lbs this month?

elephantmeg
10-01-2008, 12:07 PM
I've been following a thread at MDC for loosing 5 lbs but thought it would be more fun to do here. I know ya'll better :) I lost 5 lbs in Sept and would like to loose 5 lbs this month too. I have 6 lbs total to get back to my pre DS preg weight (am about to DD's pre preg weight). I've been using sparkpeople.com to track my calories/exercise and it's really helping.

My goals:
-to loose 5 lbs
-work out 3x/wk
-to take the stairs at work
-to do my pilates video 1x/wk
-fit into my jeans from post DS (I can zip them laying down now but holy muffin top! I have GOT to get into them soon-it's getting cold here!)

pl804
10-01-2008, 09:50 PM
I'm in! Sort of...I'm at a healthy weight but really really want to lose the post-baby belly. I cannot afford to buy new clothes when I go back to work in 2.5 months. Your post inspired me. My goals will be to

--exercise (cardio) 3x/week for at least 25 min
--exercise video focusing on abs 3x/week
--fit into my pre-pregnancy pants by December.

elephantmeg
10-02-2008, 01:00 PM
yeah! and welcome to the bbb!

Momof3Labs
10-02-2008, 02:51 PM
I'm with you, but not expecting a 5lb loss this month. I've lost 14lbs in the last 2 months on Weight Watchers online, plus exercising (cardio + weights) 5x per week. But we're going on vacation this month and I know that I won't work out and won't watch my eating as closely while we're gone.

My goal is another 11lbs (plus any vacation weight, lol) by the end of the year (if not earlier).

I actually love working out and WW is okay, but I need to find more good food to cook at home. We're in a bit of a rut and the select of recipes at WW is overwhelming!

TaChapm
10-03-2008, 11:36 AM
I'm in! I'm down 52 pounds since April 19 but still need to lose about 20 more. I have been avg. 5-10 pounds a month but think that I have hit a point where my loss is going to slow down. I am all for having online support to push me each month.

Right now I:
* go to Curves 3-4 times a week.
* walk 3 miles pushing a double stroller every morning after dropping Jackson off at school.
* run 1-2 miles 1-2 times a week.

I also watch what I eat but still allow myself 2 cheat MEALS (not days) a week. I have to. I am not dieting...I just changed my lifestyle and my lifestyle must include Mexican food and Macaroni Grill. :) (Just not as often or as much)

So do we need to do a weekly check in?

elephantmeg
10-04-2008, 01:36 PM
whatever ya'll want to do. I'm excited about a group!

katiesmommy
10-05-2008, 05:06 AM
Count me in! I'm in dire need of some weight loss and desperatly need the motivation. I've lost 25 since may, in the begining due to being sick, but it seems that it's been much easier since that inital 15. My goal is to get 7-8 off this month which would put me under 200. So, I want to:

Lose 7-8 lbs
Get to the gym at least twice week, preferably 3 times if possible
Stretch at home every day
be able to fit into the jeans one size down from what I wear now by the end of the month

Babymakes3
10-05-2008, 07:29 PM
I'm in too! I need to lose 20 lbs post baby weight! Well, 14 and a little extra that I just want to lose. Obviously it won't happen in a month but I should be able to do at least 5! I just got my 6 week dr. clearance on thursday after my c-section so I have a flabby tummy to lose as well as extra butt and thighs. I LOVE my jeans collection and need to get back into them!

My goals!
Lose at least 5 this month by:

Strollerfit class 3x week (beginning tomorrow)
Eat healthier - more salads, fruit - less snacking and better meals in general
Walk at night with my little guy (start running again)

Sugar Magnolia
10-08-2008, 10:33 AM
I don't post often, but I am in. Maybe this will get me more active on the boards!

This month I my goals are...
Track EVERYTHING I put in my mouth.
Get to yoga 3 times a week.
Run or hike on the weekends.

I want to lose inches more so than weight. I want to lose 1 inch off my thighs by the end of the month!

Babymakes3
10-15-2008, 11:40 AM
How is everyone doing?

I am in week 2 of my strollerfit class and love it! 7 weeks post partum its tough but i'm doing okay, minus some soreness in my knees. My son loves being outside too so its a win-win for me!
I've been trying to eat more veggies and we've been walking at night besides! So far i'm sticking with my plans to reach my goal!

bubbaray
10-15-2008, 12:24 PM
I need to join. I'm at my pre-kid weight, but man, I'm SOFT. Ugh. And, none of my work clothes fit. WTF happened to my rib-cage??? Seriously. My boobs have shrunk, but my bra band size is bigger?????

So, are we checking in??

Also, Lori, can you tell me more about WW online? I don't have time for meetings!

npace19147
10-15-2008, 12:55 PM
I need to do this too...still have 20 lbs of post baby weight to lose and my baby is 19 months.

I've been thinking about starting the South Beach Diet and haven't motivated enough to do it - anyone else interested? I would love a buddy for support!

katiesmommy
10-16-2008, 06:53 AM
I've lost 4 so far. Only 4 more to go. I haven't made it to the gym, for lack of money to get a cab and go there reasons, but I've been exercising at home, drinking a butt-ton of water, and watching my portions.

TaChapm
10-16-2008, 12:00 PM
I'm down 3 pounds. I've had sick kids so we have been off on everything but thankfully although I am not exercising as much as usual it is still coming off. (of course I could just be losing muscle)

I like being able to check in here! I have always pictured the moms on here to be those perfect well put together moms that you see. It's nice to know that there are moms who worry about weight and need to lose a lot like me. I always pictued myself the overweight mom of the board. :)

I'm down 57 pounds and counting!

elephantmeg
10-16-2008, 01:51 PM
I'm not doing great-but not bad either. I'm down 2ish and not motivated to get to the gym this week. MUST GO TODAY. The kids have been sniffly and I worked super long (like 14 hour) days on Mon and Wed.... but I have got to get my but in gear! Sigh. Anyone have some motivation to spare?

Momof3Labs
10-22-2008, 09:39 PM
We're back from our 10 day vacation and I'm excited - I didn't gain any weight! I didn't do WW while on the trip, nor did I hit the gym, but I tried to be more careful about what I ate (if it weren't for those cookies from the island grocery store, I may have lost weight). Today was our first full day back from vacation so we hit the gym today. Tomorrow I can't go due to my work schedule, but I'll be back there Fri and Sat and hopefully Sun.

Melissa - WW online is basically an online food recorder. But it helped me get a much better sense of portion sizes and choices. I find that the point allocations are more than enough to eat healthy most of the time and splurge 1-2x per week. I do find that they don't give many points for working out, so if you can add that to your week AND avoid cheating the points, then you are pretty certain to lose weight. There are also tons of recipes online, or you can enter your own recipes and calculate the points.

To wrap things up, I'm down 16lbs since mid-August with another 8lbs to goal.

elephantmeg
10-24-2008, 12:42 AM
good job Lori!!!!!!!!!!!

bubbaray
10-24-2008, 10:37 AM
Thanks Lori -- I'm gonna check that out. Great job! :)

SoloMelody
10-28-2008, 02:21 PM
I could use some motivation. I need to lose 5 lbs to get back to pre-preg weight and I want to lose 5 more just to look fab!
Target
- shed 8 lbs by the holidays
- 3-4 inches off my waist/upper abs
- mom & baby yoga 1x week in nov, just signed up and am excited about it!
- walk for 30 mins with DD 2-3x week
- 30-45 mins of pilates on days when I cannot get out.