PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use a Chiropractor to Reposition a Baby?

Puddy73
10-01-2008, 02:12 PM
My 34 week ultrasound showed that DD2 is in a transverse lie position. She is already 6.5 pounds and I'm concerned that she won't have much room to turn around towards the end of the pregnancy. My OB said that she would consider an external version, but it sounds painful, particularly because I have a large external fibroid on the top of my uterus. I've heard that chiropractors can sometimes make adjustments to encourage a baby to move, but I've never been to a chiropractor and I don't really know what to expect. Anyone BTDT?

Wife_and_mommy
10-01-2008, 02:28 PM
Not identical but both my kiddos were direct OP(sunny side up). I needed pitocin and epidural for my 6 lb. baby to come out but was able to birth my almost 9 lb baby unmedicated. The labors were similar lengths of time.

Seeing the chiro with #2 helped my pelvis issues tremendously. I have heard of chiro's helping breech babies so I don't see why one couldn't help your transverse presentation.

I'd try it. You'll feel great after and if baby is as big as your doc is saying, you'll need it. :)

FWIW, I started around week 34 and saw mine weekly until the birth. I sent her an announcement and thank you note and haven't been back since so I wouldn't feel like you have to return if you don't like it.

brittone2
10-01-2008, 02:57 PM
nak-
look into a Webster trained chiropractor.

Moxibustion and acupuncture have shown some positive effects for rotating breech/posterior babies.

eta: also look at the spinningbabies website. Many moms, myself included, have found their recommendations helpful (my DD was posterior, but not transverse or breech)

http://spinningbabies.simplwebsite.com/

calv
10-01-2008, 04:01 PM
me me! had you asked me before I would of said chiros are just bone crackers but seriously I was desperate and refused to have a c-section when my 1st and 2nd deliveries were 20 minutes or less of pushing. No way was I going to be cut the 3rd time. anyway i had severe sacrailiac pain so he took care of that right away and also did the webster. whether it was God's will, the ipod taped to my crouch to get her to flip, or the chiro, I ended up delivering vaginally.

BTW, I found out I was breech around 32 weeks and it was my 3rd pregnancy. I love our chiro dearly and highly recommend him/them to anyone w/problems!

momma_boo
10-01-2008, 04:12 PM
Didn't go to a chiropractor for that, but just wanted to share that my 2nd DD flipped a few times during the last weeks. Less than 2 weeks before my inducted date, she was breech, but then a week before the due date, she flipped (and stayed there). She was 7.5 lbs at birth and still found the room to move around (much to my discomfort!).

Melanie
10-01-2008, 05:10 PM
Kind of, I saw one throughout my 2nd pregnancy to maintain comfort and baby position all along. Just make sure to look for one who is ICPA certified in the webster technique.