PDA

View Full Version : What kind of food to serve at childrens bday party?

jess_g
10-01-2008, 04:38 PM
My son is turnign 5 and having a bowling party on a Sunday afternoon. I would like to avoid serving Pizza but am wondering what else I could serve instead. We will have cake and juice but what else should we serve. Is a full meal always expected at a party? Or would cake and juice be enough? Its a small party (about 8 kids in all) and we want to have enough time for the cake and the presents.

Thanks,

Jessica.

egoldber
10-01-2008, 04:42 PM
For me food is dictated by the time of the party. If it's not over a meal hour, I think light snacks in addition to cake are all that is needed.

Tondi G
10-01-2008, 04:47 PM
other option would be finger sandwiches (the grocery store sells platters or costco) or a big sub sandwich. vegis and dip, fruit salad, pasta salad always go over well at our parties. Chips n dip, goldfish crackers, cheese n cracker platter are other things you could serve too.

What time is the party? If it's at noon I would serve lunch... if it's after 2 then you could easily get away with some snacks and cake. The bowling parties we have been to have served pizza!