PDA

View Full Version : Play yard-Chicco or Combi? Reviews Please!

Bella's Mommy
10-03-2008, 02:23 PM
I too love my old Graco P&P - but the colors/fabrics are soooooo ugly I just cannot bring myself to buy a new one (I know, I know). I am really leaning toward either the Chicco Lullaby playyard or the Combi Jazz because they are so much nicer looking - any comments on these two would be most appreciated since I have not been able to find many reviews/comparisons. If they are junk, I will stick with Graco, but ugggg. Thank you!

srhs
10-04-2008, 02:40 PM
I have the Chicco and like it! I've never owned another, though, so can't compare.

eta stuff I've posted about our playard before:
We are pretty happy with our Chicco Lullaby LX. Nice neutral adult colors to look at. Bassinet & changing table. Also a toy gym you can hang link toys from. Packs up real nice and small (especially if you can skip packing the bassinet & changing table portion) DS sleeps in it in our room every night now.

The changing table is at a height that will kill your back if you use often, but I assume all playards have that problem.

Only Negatives:
Odd size for finding sheets for bassinet. (There's a post on here somewhere from someone who found the right ones.)
The music/light/vibration box could be better designed. You have to leave it "on" to be able to activate any button, and turning it on makes a noise. So, if you want to soothe baby with vibration or turn on light to check on baby, you can startle them by turning it on first. Leaving it on, of course, runs down batteries.
Mattress is a a pain to reassemble after you wash the pad, but I don't know if Graco's are easier?

ZeeBaby
10-04-2008, 03:07 PM
We have the Chicco Lullaby and love it as well. DD has been sleeping it in since she came home and she never complains about being in there. She is not thrilled with the vibrations, but she loves the lullaby feature. The nightlight is also great for night changings and feedings.