PDA

View Full Version : Moon Sand...How do you contain the mess???

MamaKath
10-03-2008, 10:16 PM
Let me start by saying I love moon sand. However I am having a hard time figuring out how to contain the mess. At home it has always been a front porch activity. I recently got a huge set for my classroom. Lots of colors, little molds, etc. OMGoodness!! I let my own kids play with it before school started the other morning. It was not good. My kids are struggling to begin with, but add the mess and it was bad!!! If I am going to be able to use it at all, I will need to contain the mess much better. Any suggestions???

TIA~

JBaxter
10-03-2008, 10:25 PM
Ours is in this
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2316774

Its an inflatable tray

Twin Mom
10-03-2008, 10:54 PM
How about a shallow Rubbermaid type container with a lid? They can do the playing in it and then you can just seal it up when their done? I don't know if it would keep the sand from drying out but maybe you could put the sand in a ziploc bag inside the container if you needed to.

KrystalS
10-03-2008, 11:27 PM
At my DD's class they have it in a water table.

MamaKath
10-05-2008, 11:22 AM
Thanks for the ideas. I think I will look for a sand table or rubbermaid box. I will probably just end up mixing the colors to make it work better. I think it is so beneficial for the kids sensory systems, but man the mess will make me NUTS!!! :-)

lisams
10-05-2008, 01:38 PM
At my DD's class they have it in a water table.

That's what they do at our school. Or they put it in a big tub (like those Rubbermaid shallow ones) and put it on a table. It still gets a little messy. I have a love hate relationship with moonsand!