PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen the Leaps and Bounds Doll House?

lpl47
10-04-2008, 02:08 PM
We want to get DD a Dollhouse for her 3rd Birthday/Hanukkah - the Leaps and Bounds one looks like a good deal, but I have no idea about the quality, etc. Anyone have experience with it?
http://www.leapsandbounds.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=534290&cm_ven=Froogle&cm_cat=NA&cm_pla=NA&cm_ite=13812
Thanks!

o_mom
10-04-2008, 02:43 PM
I have this and we like it. My love of it is somewhat colored by the fact that I paid only $80-ish at a resale shop for it I'm not sure if I would pay $200 for it, but at the same time I don't know if you could get a better one with all that furniture for a comparable price. Can you use a coupon code with it?

It is made by Battat. It is pretty sturdy, but not solid which is somewhat because of the open design, so it is a trade off there. I usually put it on the train table for play so that the baby isn't pulling up on it. The furniture is nice, we had a few piece that broke at joints, but were easily reglued (my boys aren't the gentlest of players). There are tons of pieces which makes it fun. The scale fits with Ryan's Room stuff so if you wanted to add to it you could. I did have to put back a quart size ziplock of some smaller stuff, but a 3 yo should be fine.

MMMommy
10-05-2008, 07:50 PM
We bought that same Battat dollhouse from Leaps and Bounds last Xmas for DDs. I LOVE that dollhouse. It is sturdy, large and spacious in size, and open, which allows for easy play on either side of the dollhouse. It may seem expensive, but considering it comes with everything (it literally comes with EVERYTHING), it is a good price.

Unfortunately, it wasn't a hit with my girls. And I don't think it was b/c of the Battat dollhouse specifically, but rather b/c they don't care about dollhouses at all. So if your child is into dollhouses, this one is adorable, all-inclusive, and well-made.