PDA

View Full Version : Warning: Pali Replacement Parts Sticker Shock

cbscherer
10-04-2008, 11:51 PM
I have really liked my Pali Crib, but was recently very disappointed when I called to get a replacement part.

We have a pali crib with an under the bed storage drawer, which uses Side Mount Drawer Slides attached under the crib. (This is not rocket science technology here. The drawer slides look just like the white metal slides on my pull-out bathroom drawers). Anyway, the sliding mechanism for the underbed drawer has a plastic wheels, which recently broke.

I called Pali to get a replacement. After several phone calls and an email message, someone finally called me back--2 weeks later.

I told them I wanted to replace the metal slides on my storage drawer, but was told they were on backorder for 2-4 weeks. I said I could wait, and was then told the part would cost me $25. While I thought this was a little high, I thought I was getting the entire slide set which I could just screw into the same holes as the old set. I thought it was worth it to avoid the hassel of looking somewhere else. It was when I went to pay for the slides that I learned that $25 would only get me ONE metal slide out of the entire 4 piece slide set. If I wanted to replace all 4 pieces, it was going to cost me $65.00. I declined.

I paid $100 for the entire underbed drawer when I bought this crib new in 2006. To pay $65 for these simple metal slide (which likely costs Pali $5 MAX) is RIDICULOUS. Needless to say, I now plan to lug the drawer to a cabinent shop to see if I can get replacement slides there. I may have to drill my holes in a different area to attach them, but I can't see being ripped off by Pali. Not a happy Pali customer.

Routerman
05-05-2009, 01:05 PM
I had a similiar problem. Needed four fasteners for the crib and the shipping was $25.

Pali Design Inc
05-13-2009, 12:42 PM
Good Day,

I felt the need to respond to both the above comments in regards to our Pali replacement parts. Please note that due to frequent delays, loss of packages and no tracking numbers in order to trace orders, we at Pali opted to start using UPS standard ground delivery as opposed to regular mail. The smallest envelope that we send out is at a minimum shipping charge of $25.00 therefore when only fasteners or a few screws are needed we do not charge for the parts but rather only the shipping cost. Most of our replacement parts are not manufactured here in North America, and thus must be shipped overseas from Italy. The full set of drawer glides is at a cost of $65.00 as mentioned above. However broken down, the actual cost is $35.00 plus the UPS shipping charge of $30.00.
If and when a consumer asks why the cost is at such amounts, our customer service team always responds to them by explaining the above. All consumers are made aware that we do ship UPS and with that comes a charge which is included in the grand total.
I would also like to take this opportunity to inform all that our warranty is one year from the date of purchase and that replacement parts for manufacture defects are at no charge to the consumer within that time frame.

Pali
North America