PDA

View Full Version : Pants/Jeans with belly panel

L'sMommy
10-06-2008, 05:13 PM
Is it just me or do the maternity pants with the wide belly panels always slide down? I feel like I always up to pull up my jeans and work pants. It makes me nuts. I have a tummy tube but it feels tight around my stomach but i'm having to wear that to keep the jeans in place. It's very annoying. Maybe I need to buy the "no belly" pants. I've been staying away from them because i thought they would fall down on me. I'm 6 months and am not super-huge.

swrc00
10-06-2008, 06:15 PM
I totally know what you mean. I finally had to break down in my 7th month and buy the full panel. It is the only thing that stays up at this point. I am 8 months.

WatchingThemGrow
10-06-2008, 09:47 PM
Ugh. I remember yanking up the ON belly panels (foldover style) every 10 minutes. Now, I just realized I bought some of those for regular pants!

BeachBum
10-07-2008, 03:40 AM
In my experience, the under the belly panels (or fold over type) always slide down. When you get big, the over the tummy/ full panel type are a relief! They give extra support and don't slide down anymore.

dsb22
10-08-2008, 09:53 PM
When I was pg with dd in 2006/07, I hated all wide panels--aside from feeling uncomfortable and showing through shirts, they always slid down on me too. I had two pairs of underbelly pants that were awesome--one from Japanese Weekend and one low-waisted non-maternity pair from Old Navy.

With this pg (now almost 8 mos), I've found that some pants from Mimi Maternity with thin nylon wide panels, I think they call it the secret belly or something like that, are pretty good. Although it does depend on the style. One pair I have fit okay in the store but when I wore them in real life, I ended up safety-pinning the panel to the sides of my bra to keep them from sliding down. I've also bought two pairs now of this Olian style from Baby Center.com (http://store.babycenter.com/product/maternity/pants/vertigo+pant.do?asc=false) --they are almost as comfortable as sweats, but suitable for business casual at work. Only drawback is that I think they run slightly tight in the thighs, but they're still very comfortable and will work post-pg for at least a while as well.
HTH!