PDA

View Full Version : eating, attractions in boston?

skohng
10-09-2008, 03:20 AM
Hi all,

We're taking a trip to NE and staying in Boston for 3 days, 2 nights. we got a screaming deal at a hotel in back bay. i need suggestions for: attractions, restaurants, nearby grocery stores, kid activities, etc. Is the public transportation pretty efficient?

thanks!!

citymama
10-10-2008, 02:43 AM
Excellent public transit (subway called the T). Love the Boston Public Gardens with the swan boats and Make Way for Ducklings installation (if your DC doesn't have the book, buy it as a going-to-Boston present!). Excellent aquarium as well, and of course the historical sights and Freedom trail. I don't know what month you're going, but if in the winter, you'll be limited to indoors only activities for obvious reasons.

skohng
10-11-2008, 03:18 AM
thanks citymama! we're actually going next weekend. (last minute planning, i know).

i've been reading up on the freedom trail.. is it something you can do on your own at your own pace or do you need a guide? what other historical sites are kid friendly?

thanks for the tip about the public gardens and make way for ducklings... been meaning to get that book forever!

mommyp
10-11-2008, 07:20 PM
You can do the Freedom Trail at your own pace and start and stop wherever you like along the way. I also recommend the aquarium, it is really great!

buddyleebaby
10-12-2008, 06:52 PM
On Saturdays the Langham hotel has an all chocolate buffet.

http://boston.langhamhotels.com/pdf/decades_of_decadence_sept08.pdf

Swimfreak78
10-12-2008, 10:07 PM
One thing - make sure you buy a CharlieCard (plastic card) to use on the subway. Save lots of $$. Also, not sure how old your child is but getting a stroller up and down stairs can be a challenge. You'll want to try to hit t-accessible stations with elevators. PM me with quesitons.

melrose
10-17-2008, 04:19 PM
You should plan a visit to the Museum of Science or the Children's Museum. Both are easily accessible via the T, and kids 1.5 yrs old and up will LOVE them. My 4 yr old nephew has been going to both since age 1.5 --every month or so. So much fun and lots to do. Really pleasant for parents, too!