PDA

View Full Version : no-slip grip changing pads

chrcarro
10-09-2008, 11:20 AM
I am wondering if anyone can recommend a good brand for a contoured changing pad with a no-slip grip. When reading reviews on-line at sites such as Babies R Us, some reviewers say that the no-slip grip ruined the finish on their dressers or that they have left a mark that cannot be removed. My husband and I just bought a new dresser, and the last thing I want is for the dresser to be ruined.

Any advice would be appreciated!

annabelle2007
10-10-2008, 08:56 AM
Unfortunately, I don't have an answer but wanted to thank you for posting this- I was just about to ask the same question! I'd love to hear any and all recommendations. :)

nfowife
10-13-2008, 04:07 PM
We just used a no slip grip pad under the changing pad (in between pad and dresser) on both my kid's dressers. It did not ruin the finish in any way on either piece of furniture. I used it daily this way for 1 and 2 years so far :)

annabelle2007
10-14-2008, 10:45 AM
I was at BRU this weekend and looked a little closer at the changing pads- it looks like the "Especially for Baby" brand is the one with the vinyl dots that people say ruins the finish, but maybe as the other poster mentioned you could put a pad underneath it to prevent this.

I did notice another brand- Serta- that has a different bottom that doesn't have the vinyl dots (but it still has the straps that you use to attach it to a dresser so, I'm guessing it would stay in place?). It looks like it has some good reviews online...definitely check it out. :)

reissgirl
10-16-2008, 09:06 PM
What type of non-slip grip pad did you use? The pad I use for my rug has a pattern and now I'm worried about the finish on my dresser getting ruined.

Does anyone have a changing pad that they specifically recommend?