PDA

View Full Version : Well THAT was uncomfortable...

MamaMolly
10-11-2008, 10:40 PM
Edited to delete B/C I'm not confident that the party in question isn't a lurker and I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

Thanks everyone, especially Fairy. You put into words exactly what I was feeling I needed to do. Loving advice! You Mamas ROCK!

MMEand1
10-11-2008, 10:52 PM
no advice, just {{{hugs}}} for being put in a difficult situation! Hope you and your DH can figure out what is best to do...perhaps some of the other mama's here have some useful words of wisdom...

bubbaray
10-11-2008, 10:54 PM
That's weird. I have no advice, other than to perhaps not swap babysitting anymore!

MamaMolly
10-11-2008, 11:01 PM
That's weird. I have no advice, other than to perhaps not swap babysitting anymore!

Yeah, that. I mentioned it to DH as I was typing out my post. So totally stinks cause she is one of the few that really 'got' DD's allergies. DH said that he thinks it would depend on the day (?!?!?!) but I feel like why take the risk? Oh well.

Fairy
10-11-2008, 11:05 PM
Wow. Just ... wow. If it were me and it were a real, true friend, then a) absolutely no more babysitting swapping. However, I am the kind of person who would have to understand exactly what happened. The hickey thing? Drunkeness. It's the being drunk in the first place that would make me go huh? I would get with her in person, not phone, and say, look, we need to talk about what happened the other night. I'm your friend, I care about you, I also care about your kids, so please tell me what happened. Seek to understand in this case.

The other alternative if you don't see them regularly, like at school or something, is to distance yourself and be done. I think anythign in between -- like just pretending it didn't happen -- is probably not an option.

So sorry. Good luck!

-- Fairy