PDA

View Full Version : saggy baggy belly

la mama
10-12-2008, 10:51 PM
I already searched this forum for advice but was curious again...

After having twins, my stomach is really saggy. I didn't have many stretch marks until the last few weeks when my whole belly turned into what looks like an ant farm, gross! What have you done to repair your abdominal muscles and tone up? What are your favorite/most effective exercises? I just recently got the okay to start working out again and I'm anxious to get started on something that works!

sste
10-15-2008, 10:16 AM
Pilates. I have not found anything better than pilates for stomach muscles and also for your general posture. If you are like me you probably have some excess fat there in addition to less muscle tone. If you can, breastfeed - - that will burn the fat and I believe cause the uterus to restract more quickly if you are in the immediate postpartum stage.

Pilates unfortunately requires a few classes at first but after you get the hang of it you can do it from home using a CD (video screws up your posture alignment because you are trying to look at it) - -I think the CD I have is by someone called Brooke Siler.

zephyr
10-17-2008, 10:24 PM
I've actually heard so much good stuff about the TURBO JAM videos. And have started doing them myself and am pretty impressed with the workout and results. Give it a try if you like that sort of thing. It will really get your heart pumping. Good luck.