PDA

View Full Version : I really need this warm weather to break!

LarsMal
10-13-2008, 09:06 AM
Ugh...it's supposed to be 80 today, and 85/86 tomorrow and Wednesday. It's the middle of October- enough already!!! Poor DD has NOTHING to wear. She's down to one or two t-shirts that actually stay over her belly, but that's it. Her shorts are too small and her summer dresses that still fit are sleeveless, and even though it's warm, I don't like the idea of putting her in a sleeveless dress in the middle of October!

I hope this is it! Loooks like it's supposed to be down in the low 70's then upper 60's by the end of the week. Once that hits, she has an entire fall wardrobe to choose from.

I'm so ready for the cooler weather!

lorinick
10-13-2008, 10:02 AM
I can't agree. I love this weather. I HATE the cold weather. I want to hang on to this kind of weather forever. I have not had a problem with the summer clothes not fitting. I always buy some new short sleeve tops for the fall. Since it's still warm at the start of school. And purchased new shorts at the end of the summer on clearance. But it is suppose to be cooler by Thursday. So just hang in. Cool weather will be here soon. UUGh! for me.

LarsMal
10-13-2008, 03:12 PM
I can't agree. I love this weather. I HATE the cold weather. I want to hang on to this kind of weather forever.

Don't get me wrong, I HATE the cold weather, too!!! I just wish I had thought ahead a little more and gotten DD some warm weather clothes that would fit her farther into the fall. I've never had this problem with DS, but DD seems to straddle sizes over the seasons, so she needs clothes in two sizes to get her through. I picked up bigger clothes over the summer, but they are real *summer* clothes, not good transition clothes.

I'll be cursing the cold weather when it gets here. I'm just talking upper 60's, low 70's. I can easily work with that!

mom2binsd
10-14-2008, 01:20 AM
I just want the little black bugs to get killed off by cold weather...I am literally covered in welts from the bites I"ve gotten in the last week!!! I react badly and they itch beyond belief! I want to be outside and enjoy these last warm days but I'm getting eaten alive and no bug stuff helps!

JTsMom
10-14-2008, 01:27 PM
I loooove fall. It's been way too hot here too. C'mon cooler temps!

gatorsmom
10-14-2008, 08:09 PM
Ugh, our summer is officially gone. It was 42 F taking the boys to school this morning. I put winter jackets on the boys. I'll gladly trade you some of this for some of your warmer weather.

BeachBum
10-15-2008, 02:54 PM
The high here today was 86. We went to the beach. HA!
I totally know what you mean about just having fall (70's). Seriously my son is wearing crop tops. He had a growth spurt I guess. It is just too hot to put him in long sleeved shirts. I always forget that summer lasts until November. I do this to myself every year. :)

daniele_ut
10-16-2008, 01:21 PM
Well, we had snow over the weekend and I'm not happy about that! I like fall, and I don't want to skip it and head right into winter already! DS is going to be trick or treating in snow boots and a parka!!

elektra
10-16-2008, 01:32 PM
DS is going to be trick or treating in snow boots and a parka!!

So funny. I have had to plan DD's costumes so that they are not the warm and fuzzy kind since it's usually at least high 70's here at Halloween every year, and she would roast in one of those get ups. My parents just left CA for a vacation to Vermont to see the leaves change. What a concept!

bethie_73
10-16-2008, 03:20 PM
So funny. I have had to plan DD's costumes so that they are not the warm and fuzzy kind since it's usually at least high 70's here at Halloween every year, and she would roast in one of those get ups. My parents just left CA for a vacation to Vermont to see the leaves change. What a concept!

Hope they are heading to New Hampshire, the ILs said all the leaves are off the trees in Northern VT. Actually I didn't ask about Southern VT they may still have leaves. (IL's were driving to New Hampshire and back home, staying at different B&Bs for their Anniversary, they live in Northern VT and said there were still some leaves up in New Hampshire, which is kind of unusual this late in the season) Hope your parents have fun!

Its 80s here too but its supposed to break tomorrow. I just want it to stay one temp, my allergies/sinuses are killing me!