PDA

View Full Version : question for hypnobabies mamas

jyllebean
10-13-2008, 07:59 PM
What week of pregnancy did you start the course? Also, did you practice every day? or how often?

Thanks!

brittone2
10-13-2008, 09:43 PM
I did the Mongan Hypnobirthing class (with an instructor) close to the end of my pregnancy. It was 4 or 6 weeks long, and I remember I was going to finish up 2-3 weeks before my EDD I think? By the last class I was already dilated/effaced quite a bit (2-3 cm dilated and like 75% effaced).

With DD I did the Hypnobabies home study meant to supplement Mongan Hypnobirthing on my own and I think I started 2-3 months before my EDD.

My advice is to definitely try to practice daily. I was really consistent while pg with DS and I think it helped tremendously (it makes it sort of automatic when you hear your scripts to just relax). I also found it really helped me sleep, which was fabulous.

With my pgcy with DD it was harder to carve out time every single day, but I was still pretty consistent and practiced several times a week for the last 2-3 months IIRC.

I :love-retry: Hynobirthing/Hypnobabies :)

o_mom
10-13-2008, 10:00 PM
I did Hypnobirthing with the book you can get a Borders and one additional CD that I bought. I started around 20 wks, I think. It is hard to remember, but I want to say it wasn't more than 25-ish weeks.

I listened to the CD every night in bed, usually at least six days a week. I actually missed it when I skipped it because I slept so well with it. OTOH, the only thing I wish I had done different was to listen while up and around. All the practicing lying down made it easier to just lie down during labor.

Raidra
10-13-2008, 10:11 PM
I started early, around maybe 26 weeks? I wanted lots of practice.

I listened to one or two tracks every day. Because I started so early, I did two-three weeks per lesson. Then when I was in maintenance, I would listen to two tracks at night as I fell asleep. I did my finger drops sporadically.. I probably could have had an easier time during the birth if I had practiced that better. As it was, I think the hypnotic suggestions really helped a lot, but I wasn't able to really put myself under while in labor.

ETA: There is a Yahoo Group for Hypnobabies that provided great support.