PDA

View Full Version : 10% OFF Magna-tiles 100 Pcs w/Free Shipping.

Door
10-14-2008, 02:55 AM
As the title stated, the code "take10" will take 10% Off the Magna-tiles AND everything else at Edufuntoys.com. I'm not sure if/when it expires. I was given this code by Mr. Morris at the the Edufuntoys.com site when I emailed to ask for a discount for our mom's group. It worked on our order for the 100 Pcs Clear Magna-tiles sets. At $103.5 w/FS, it's the cheapest price that I could find anywhere. Please post if there are any better deals out there.

Have fun Xmas shopping! =)

WatchingThemGrow
10-14-2008, 06:32 AM
Is this usually the best deal that can be had on Magnatiles? And is 2.5 too early to get them?

jillmk
10-14-2008, 07:25 AM
Thanks! I just bought another set of 100. I've been meaning to buy the clear for a while now in case they sell out everywhere again. This is the best deal that I've seen. Discoutschoolsupply.com has them for $109 (I think it was) after a 10% off code.

2.5 is definitely not too early to get them. Santa brought them to our house last year when my kids were 22 months and 4 years, and all 3 kids play with them all of the time. All three kids still really love them and they get played with almost daily even 10 months later.

Thanks for sharing the code!

sidmand
10-14-2008, 08:05 AM
Thank you.

I bought the non-clear ones last year for DD to give DS and he's starting to play with them but I think we'd all like the clear ones (and need more of course)!

graffl
10-14-2008, 09:16 AM
Thanks for posting this. I have ordered smaller sets from edufuntoys and they are reliable. It was also the cheapest place i could find and these are a great toy.

ohiomom1121
10-14-2008, 09:28 AM
I've never heard of these before but they look like a great toy. My kids (2 and 3) love to build so I may get some for Christmas. Are the smaller sets worth it, or do you need the 100 piece set to build a good structure with? Has anyone seen these in stores or is ordering the best option? Thanks!

hillview
10-14-2008, 10:15 AM
I've never heard of these before but they look like a great toy. My kids (2 and 3) love to build so I may get some for Christmas. Are the smaller sets worth it, or do you need the 100 piece set to build a good structure with? Has anyone seen these in stores or is ordering the best option? Thanks!

I'd go with the 100 piece clear set personally (we have 200 of them for 2 kids to play with -- or DS and DH!). They have them in stores but edufun by far has the best prices I've ever found.
HTH
/hillary

jennifer2saint
10-14-2008, 11:29 AM
Thanks!!! Ordered the clear ones- I am so excited!

justlearning
10-14-2008, 11:50 AM
My son's 2.5 and has been loving his big brother's magnatiles for a long time now but is just starting to build more complex structures with them. I think 2.5 is a great age for starting with the magnatiles. Thanks to the PP for posting this deal--I think I'm going to have to get my boys some more. The 100 they have isn't really enough for both of them to share.

Door
10-14-2008, 02:26 PM
You are very welcome! :)

I'm so glad that some of you are able to get the magnatiles at this price. These are quite addictive, aren't they? I'm just amazed at what my 5yrs. old son can build. We have the 100 clear pieces set but I just had to order 2 more. I can't wait to see what structures (his word) he will come up with now that he has more pieces to work with. They are so expensive but I figured as they are play with everyday, and for at least an hour or more a day, they are worth it. Plus, my son now has play-dates and as his two friends also love to play with them when they are over, 1 set for 3 boys just doesn't do it any more.

WatchingThemGrow
10-14-2008, 02:46 PM
Any ideas on how long they usually run this sale? IL's are on board I think, but I have to submit ideas for DS's 1st b'day before they'll start on Christmas gifts.

maiaann
10-14-2008, 04:06 PM
I don't know anything about Magna-tiles, but I'm intrigued. I have 2 girls - age 7 & age 20 mo. They both like Legos & my oldest has quite an imagination. Would these be a good "Santa" gift for them? It'd be nice to have some toys in the house other than "Barbie." The reviews I've read say ages 3+. What age(s) are your kids that like playing with these?

kcimato
10-14-2008, 05:54 PM
I keep hearing that the clear ones are better. Can anyone tell me why?

hillview
10-14-2008, 08:24 PM
Thanks for the code!
/hillary

shoxie
10-14-2008, 09:31 PM
Also, another site to try...keep in mind, I've never ordered from them before and they seem to take a while to ship, but it seems like a good deal.

http://www.highreach.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=445

The clear tiles, 100 piece, are on sale for $104.99. There's a code for 20% off - 8CFA (enter at checkout).

www.highreachoffer.com

This will come out to be $83.99, but shipping is $9.99. Still, a pretty good deal. If you live in NJ or NC, though, there is tax, otherwise that's it.

I can't vouch for the store, but I'm trying it...If anyone has had any experience with HighReach Learning, please post. They seem to specialize in educational/teaching supplies/curricula.

:)

octmom
10-14-2008, 10:14 PM
I keep hearing that the clear ones are better. Can anyone tell me why?

If you have a light table, they look really cool on it. Kind of like stained glass. My dc's preschool has magnatiles and they kids sometimes use them on a light table.

Other than that, I think it's (a) aesthetics and (b) sometimes kids put things inside structures they build, and they can see the objects inside through the clear tiles.

KrisM
10-14-2008, 10:20 PM
These are awesome. To those wondering, we got 200 of the clear ones last Christmas. Kids were 3.5 and 18 months and both loved them. DD is now almost 2.5 years and she plays with them all the time - builds houses for her dolls, a fence around a horse, etc. DS just builds fancy looking things.

I like them a lot because they are big enough to not worry about with little kids around. I will not have to put them away at all when DS2 is crawling.

We have clear and it's nice to see through them a bit. DD is always putting things in her creations.

vwh99
10-14-2008, 10:36 PM
DS was 18months when I got these for DD at 4years. My kids love them...DS is now 2years and he plays with them every day building all sorts of designs. We have the clear 100 and I'm getting another set for Xmas.

I tried the High Reach last winter after Xmas but they were all sold out. To be fair, it was very hard to get Magnatiles anywhere. Customer service called me to ask me if I wanted to wait the several months for them-I didn't but they were very courteous. I'm trying them again this time for that 20% off. Thanks to the poster for the code!

Val

lynnea6
10-15-2008, 02:01 AM
Also, another site to try...keep in mind, I've never ordered from them before and they seem to take a while to ship, but it seems like a good deal.

http://www.highreach.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=445

The clear tiles, 100 piece, are on sale for $104.99. There's a code for 20% off - 8CFA (enter at checkout).

www.highreachoffer.com

This will come out to be $83.99, but shipping is $9.99. Still, a pretty good deal. If you live in NJ or NC, though, there is tax, otherwise that's it.

I can't vouch for the store, but I'm trying it...If anyone has had any experience with HighReach Learning, please post. They seem to specialize in educational/teaching supplies/curricula.

I bought that set from HighReach a few months ago and had no problems (shipping wasn't the fastest). I felt fairly comfortable ordering from the company because my DD's parent's day out program uses their curriculum. Definitely the best deal I've seen.

kcimato
10-15-2008, 04:28 PM
If you have a light table, they look really cool on it. Kind of like stained glass. My dc's preschool has magnatiles and they kids sometimes use them on a light table.

Other than that, I think it's (a) aesthetics and (b) sometimes kids put things inside structures they build, and they can see the objects inside through the clear tiles.

Thanks for the info.

hillview
10-15-2008, 04:48 PM
My son puts animals and dolls inside the houses and looks at them.
/hillary

shoxie
10-16-2008, 03:42 PM
I bought that set from HighReach a few months ago and had no problems (shipping wasn't the fastest). I felt fairly comfortable ordering from the company because my DD's parent's day out program uses their curriculum. Definitely the best deal I've seen.

Thx for posting about your experience with HighReach. Hopefully, it'll work out for me, too! :D

jillmk
10-16-2008, 09:32 PM
I received my Magna Tiles from Edufun today! Thanks again, OP!

kerrief
10-18-2008, 10:57 PM
Thanks for the idea and for posting the deal! These look fun. I think DD will love them.

Kerrie

vludmilla
10-18-2008, 11:00 PM
I received my Magnatiles order yesterday. I like them enough but I have to say I feel a little ripped off for $100. There doesn't seem to be any reason that these should be so expensive. Also, DH noted that DD won't be able to pick up anything she creates because it will fall apart if she does. Am I the only one to feel this way? Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the OP posting the deal and I'm sure DD will like them, but $100? Seems like a lot.

jillmk
10-19-2008, 09:26 PM
This is our second set of 100, so I guess I can safely say I don't feel ripped off. My three girls absolutely love them and play with them all of the time. We've had them for almost 10 months now and they still love them. DH originally felt the same way about the price, until he started playing with them too. And now he is the one that suggested another 100.

I'm not sure I understand the picking up thing...do you mean to pick them up to carry them to another room? You couldn't really do that with blocks either though, right? That hasn't been an issue with us I guess...and for my kids at least, knocking them down is half the fun of it.

I hope that after playing with them you don't feel so ripped off! Hopefully your DD loves them!

ett
10-19-2008, 09:37 PM
I'm not sure I understand the picking up thing...do you mean to pick them up to carry them to another room? You couldn't really do that with blocks either though, right? That hasn't been an issue with us I guess...and for my kids at least, knocking them down is half the fun of it.

I didn't quite get the picking up issue either, but when I mentioned it to DH, he pointed out that you could pick up things you create with Legos. They are definitely pricy but both my kids love them as do the kids that come over to our house. We only have a 32 piece set and I'm asking my mother and sister to get the 100 piece set to add on for Christmas.

vludmilla
10-19-2008, 10:07 PM
I didn't quite get the picking up issue either, but when I mentioned it to DH, he pointed out that you could pick up things you create with Legos. They are definitely pricy but both my kids love them as do the kids that come over to our house. We only have a 32 piece set and I'm asking my mother and sister to get the 100 piece set to add on for Christmas.

Yes, that is exactly what my DH said. He is a big fan of Legos so I think he was comparing Magnatiles to Legos and thinking they weren't as flexible as legos.

KrisM
10-19-2008, 11:29 PM
Yes, that is exactly what my DH said. He is a big fan of Legos so I think he was comparing Magnatiles to Legos and thinking they weren't as flexible as legos.

But, can you stick your Legos to the refrigerator?? :). We always have some one the frigde and front door.

The magnets are pretty strong, so it lets you make things that are somewhat cantilevered. I think the strong magnets is what increases the costs.

chlobo
10-22-2008, 11:31 AM
We have the set with the car bottom & my DD was very frustrated with them. They seemed to come apart way too easily for something with a magnet. Maybe it's just that she's too rough or doesn't have good fine motor skills. I'm keeping them to see if my son like them. And, of course, my daughter will love them as soon as she sees my son playing with them. lol. In fact, I think I'll take them out and try that.

shoxie
10-22-2008, 01:14 PM
Well, I received my order from HighReach yesterday - no problems. Only thing is that they didn't notify me when the tiles shipped, so I had no idea they were coming. They arrived via FedEx.

I just wanted to let everyone know that I, too, had a good experience with them, and their price seems to be the lowest on the clear Magna Tiles.

graffl
10-22-2008, 01:59 PM
I totally agree that when you take them out of the box for the first time - the cost doesn't seem worth it. BUT - we have two smaller sets now because it is a great toy. They get used all of the time and I think it is a toy that will grow with your kids. Even the adults that visit us like to build and play with the tiles. The kids are also learning geometry - even though they might not realize it for many years in math class.

danagee
10-22-2008, 06:26 PM
But, can you stick your Legos to the refrigerator?? :). We always have some one the frigde and front door.

The magnets are pretty strong, so it lets you make things that are somewhat cantilevered. I think the strong magnets is what increases the costs.

What a great idea! I'm headed downstairs right now to build something on the fridge just for fun:bouncy: !

kcimato
10-22-2008, 06:49 PM
I also ordered mine from High Reach Learning with the 20% off code and they came today. One week after I ordered them. I received a notice yesterday that they had shipped Fed Ex but they didn't have a tracking number.It was a nice surprise when they showed up today.